Saturday, June 4, 2011

To WIP or Not To WIP

You might recall, I have no WIPs. That is there is not on knitting project on my needles. Nothing halfway crocheted. I don't know if my sewing machine works, so there is nothing there. I have even mended all the clothes, though I have to admit there is one button that popped off after my mending marathon that still needs to be stitched.

I love not having anything looming in the back of my conscience telling me that I have something to do. What I don't love is not having something to mindlessly pick up and work on while I'm sitting on the couch watching TV.

There have been countless hours spent watching TV with the girls or veggie out on Stargate SG1 on the Netflix. Yes, I'm watching Stargate from the beginning and loving every minute of it. I even picked up the movie at Target for $5 cause I couldn't resist the $5 deal!

Back to the point, I realized two nights ago that I had a problem. Not with watching sci-fi but that I am in desperate need of a project to work on. It was two nights ago that I finally got inspired to make something. Two somethings actually. I'm finally going to get started on LG's baby blanket; the one that is suppose to match BG's but I frogged before I really got started. The other project is a secret one for Senora's little baby, Margot.

I guess the question for me is which one do I start first, or do I start both? I think that the wise thing to do is not get caught up in the world of WIPs in every corner of the house again, so definitely finish one before starting the other. So I'll start small and do Margot's gift first. Then when I'm done I'll get started on LG's blanket without skipping a beat.

Wow, you guys are so helpful at helping me make up my mind.

Not having WIPs is refreshing, but I got stuck in the "what now" rut and haven't knit for a few weeks.

The in other news is I typed this up on the iPad while watching TV. I'm not watching Stargate, I cant type at the same time as watching Stargate so I'll save it for my knitting.

The iPad is not so great for blogging. I can't scroll through my post and proof read and make corrections. There is no scroll bar on the side of my text window. Also, if I need pictures they have to be uploaded with the laptop. I've been refreshing the preview in another window to proof read. It's tough to proof read when the thought process of a paragraph is still in my head. So I apologize if this post reads a little wonky.

You might ask why I don't just sit on the couch with the laptop instead? Our laptop is hooked up to a 37" television monitor. Everyone that comes over says, "Oh my God, your computer is HUGE.". I could take the two seconds to unplug it and sit on the couch with it, but it's so much easier to use the big screen and the mouse.

Maybe I'll try blogging from email. I'm not sure how it works and am hoping it doesn't auto post so I can go in and add pictures later? Until then I'll keep up my regular blogging habits.

Oh wait!!! I just figured out how to scroll (kinda), but it doesn't matter because LG just woke up and is trying to steal the iPad from me.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I think you're right with the WIP order. If you burn out on the one you can start the next and then go back when you feel better. One of these days I'll write a blog post...

Alanna said...

So glad to help you make up your mind! ;)

I blog quick things from my phone, or if I want to use a pic on my phone, but otherwise I prefer a real keyboard and mouse. (Which is why I rarely have time to blog these days...)

Desi said...

No WIPs? I can't even wrap my mind around that. WIPs, PIGS, PhDs--I need my stuff that's already going ahead... maybe not without me but maybe without any new thought.