Oh but to have a beautiful backyard. What would be in my dream backyard?
1. A super comfy sectional sofa with extra deep cushions. Like this one.
photo Crate & Barrel
You can't see the entire setup, but it looks great in the catalog. You need a lot of space for something like this and I don't have space.mmm.... here's a low profile one.
photo Pottery Barn
Then there is the one that could probably fit in my backyard.photo West Elm
Ana-White.com has a plan to build your own and since I keep telling myself that I like to build stuff this is a less expensive option. But it's not one that I want to do right now. I thought I could do a couple to fit our patio and when we buy, build more to fit that yard. But then things might not match when it comes to fabric dye lots and running out of stain/paint. That would drive me batty. So I wait for a sectional.2. A pretty dining area
Here are simple chairs, a bench on one side...
photo West Elm
My neighbors have this one on their patio that is easily twice the size of ours.photo Pottery Barn
3. Some adirondack chairs - they can go almost anywhereThere are classic ones
photo Poly-Wood Inc
and modern onesphoto Andrew Jackson via mlive.com
and Ana-White makes one. photo Ana-White
4. A fire pit!You have to have a fire pit for making s'mores and burning old tax documents. Nothing fancy just something like this.
photo Home Depot
5. Outdoor movie Area - almost a must with kidsI found a fun how-to at Giver'slog and I wouldn't be ashamed of arranging the sectional around where the movie screen would be.
I can just imagine relaxing with the girls, a bowl of popcorn, pretzels and candies all in one and The Princess Bride playing on the big screen.
6. Lounging area
Who wouldn't want to take a nap on this?
photo Pottery Barn
or how bad could a sunburn be when you got it laying on one of these?photo Pottery Barn
-----
Alas, I am only dreaming because here is my renter's paradise.It's not much but it's mine (kinda) and one day it'll be pretty.
You might think that I'm crazy, I don't honestly think that I will have all this and more in my backyard. I have seen backyards with all of this and more and not just on TV. There is one that I walk past when I walk the trail to and from school. It's huge and has at least three seating areas and a fort. You would never have to worry about having enough space for a movie night on your backyard movie screen. Oh, California Dreamin'.
-----
You may have noticed that I said nothing of the ultimate outdoor, grilling kitchen. That's because I have absolutely no idea what my husband would want, but we'll add it to list.7. Outdoor grillin' kitchen.











2 comments:
Hey sweets, it's a great back yard. Expecially comparing it to the space you used to have in Redondo. In about a week, I will be there and I will take a look at bthe space and give my input. :)
Ewww spiders... And I think its spider season because there are a ton of spiders spinning huge webs in my backyard too (ok, a little gnat just flew in my face just now and I practically broke my knee while I slammed it on the desk from jumping out of my chair so hard, just because I thought it was a spider falling down from the ceiling. Heart is racing too). Those are all lovely and beautiful backyard ideas- we totally are dreaming of the same stuff too! So, its funny... We just got our backyard redone and we love it, but now we don't wanna spend all that money on new furniture. That stuff is expensive!
Post a Comment