
Pattern: Henley Perfected by Connie Chang Chinchio
Source: Interweave Knits Winter 2007
Yarn: DK 50/50 Silk/Merino by Twist Yarns - Unscoured
Source: Interweave Knits Winter 2007
Yarn: DK 50/50 Silk/Merino by Twist Yarns - Unscoured
I love this sweater. It has already had one mishaps, ketchup on the sleeve at Disneyland. It's okay now and you will have to complain several times about me wearing it all the time before I am willing to take it off this Holiday Season.
That brings me to my Koolhaas...that has been taken over by Haley. It really does look cuter on her and she has a jacket that matches. It was a fun pattern once you got used to all the cables. I am ready to make another one for myself this time, with a matching scarf or wrist warmers, or both! 

Pattern: Koolhaas Hat by Jarod Flood
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino in White
I have decided that I need to make more matching items. We've got a ton of winter wear between the store-bought and the handmades, but none of it matches. I've decided that if I am going to make stuff, I need to look cute and coordinated, too. The only thing is that I am not allowed to cast on anything new. I have too many WIPs laying around and have got to get them off my conscience. My motivation for not casting on, a $20 gift certificate to Twist that I received. I am not allowed to use it until the following project have either been finished or reached the predetermined amount of work.
#1-Haley's Pre-K Set. I've only finished the hat and there are mittens and a scarf to follow. These are considered one project (no "casting on") because I have it listed on Ravelry as a set. So, this must be completely done and wearable.
#2- The Prairie Tank. I'm actually am almost done with this. I just need to spend a couple of days and finish the darn thing. Then I don't have to look at it sitting in a basket on top of my dresser taunting me everyday.
#3- At least one of the Spiral Socks. Maybe if I finish one I will be motivated to finish the other. I started them forever ago in hopes of wearing them under my boots to the office party, but alas I went completely knit free. It was truly sad.
#4- The Top Dog. Seriously, another almost done project. I'm not even knitting on this anymore. I have gotten more of the sewing done recently. This dog needs to be stuffed and done by bedtime on Friday or I'm gonna cry. Then I can go shopping for a cute red collar on Saturday. Yea, shopping.
#5 and last the Lace-Edged Blanket. This project does not need to be finished. The squares that are finished do need to be sewn together. Then I can decide if I want to make the squares 4x4 or just 3x3. There is the need for some progress on the project. Plus, the recipient is off of her birth control pills.
In other news, I got to teach someone to knit. There is nothing like that, especially when halfway through the scarf they are thinking about their next project. My brother-in-law wanted to make something special for his someone special and called me. We shopped online for the perfect yarn, picked out a pattern and waited for the family get together last weekend. At about 4:30pm on Saturday, I cast on and knit three rows. Then he did the rest. At 5:15pm Monday was calling me to announce that he was done.
In between, the whole family went to Disneyland. I was so jealous. Everyone was interested and praising him. "Oh wow, it's your first time knitting," "I love your yarn," "That's so cool, you're knitting at Disneyland." I did get a little fix in and knit about five minutes worth in the Pirates line. My BIL is already a pro and can't wait to learn to cast on. I didn't teach him because of the time limit on the gift.
Well, I imagine you are tired of me. So next time, I've self diagnosis myself with a knitting disease. Okay, I made up a knitting disease so that I could self-diagnosis myself. More to come.
In between, the whole family went to Disneyland. I was so jealous. Everyone was interested and praising him. "Oh wow, it's your first time knitting," "I love your yarn," "That's so cool, you're knitting at Disneyland." I did get a little fix in and knit about five minutes worth in the Pirates line. My BIL is already a pro and can't wait to learn to cast on. I didn't teach him because of the time limit on the gift.Well, I imagine you are tired of me. So next time, I've self diagnosis myself with a knitting disease. Okay, I made up a knitting disease so that I could self-diagnosis myself. More to come.

7 comments:
Love the Henley. Your Koolhass looks great. I read on Ravelry that someone used BDC BABY, for a toddler sized hat...but I didn't think that was you. Maybe it's a trend. I keep seeing these WIP lists...and I really want to get my act together so I can knit some of the bigger projects I can't wait to wear.
Love, love, love the henley! It looks sooo good on you, too! It must make you feel so proud to wear something you made yourself. Woot!
That sweater looks fantastic. I wasn't really interested in that pattern, until I saw yours!!
omg there I am! ^_^, ever since I got home, Ive been wanting to knit. I learned to cast on! Ive been knitting and taking apart that extra bit of yarn I didnt use. Tomorrow or Mon Im going to buy some new skeins.
Good Job Micheal. How was it to finish your first project, and Krissy, I want a hat just like yours.........And your sweater is PEEERFECT!
I MISS YOU!
I love that sweater! What a beautiful job you did! Found you through Ravelry, just checking out the other locals!
Carrie in PV
Hi! Found you through the IK-Along and thought I'd stop by here to comment on your FO - That's an absolutely beautiful Henley Perfected! Congratulations :)
Great Koolhass too!
Post a Comment