Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Friends Don't Let Friends Drink and Knit

or blog for that matter. However, if you would like to crochet some wine glass markers, that would be totally cool.

I'm so buzzed on a Tuesday night and I am loving it.

Okay, you are right. You need a back story.

As a dear sweet just turned 21 year old, I had never had 1, no wait 2 gulps of alcohol in my life. But, finally being allow in the bars and hanging out with the "right" type of friends, I started drinking and learned what I didn't like. No tequila, gin, whiskey, but all the vodka and dancing I can take is totally cool. Then one day my Uncle introduced me to something new. A bottle of Merlot, bad Merlot. It was a cruel joke, but it scarred me for years. I wouldn't touch a glass of wine, a wine cooler, or anything else wine related.
I have spent years trying to think of what to drink while going out with friends or family. Does a Midori Sour go with the steak dinner I'm having with my parents? What should I drink while out clubbing with my friends? Vodka and Sprite was always a safe bet, but so boring.

Then I went to Hawaii with the dear hubby. I wanted to seem cool and grown-up, being 29 and all. Plus we were at a really expensive and nice restaurant. I felt as if the normal bar drinks would not do. I told him I would share a bottle of wine.

OMG this stuff is so good!!! I shared the story with my neighbor once I was home and now once a month we giggle over a bottle of wine while our kids play.

So, here I am on a Tuesday night, feeling good, watching Bones and my 4yr old asks me what heroin is. Great....I'm buzzed and having my first "drugs are bad" talk. Stupid Bones victim being a heroin dealer.

At least I am staying away from the Koolhaas.

No comments: