Monday, August 23, 2010

First Day Back

It's the first day back to school, back to blogging, back to walking, and back to the super strict schedule of school drop off and pick up.  I have been looking forward to this all August. 
I would of loved an outfit like this when I was in grade school.

I am excited to see my Monday-Friday friends again.  It really is a loving expression to describe them that way.  But it's the group of mommies that I walk with and gossip with the most.  We walk to school together and then on certain days walk for an hour after drop off.  There is L that lives in my neighborhood, R that wants to burn as many calories as possible and loves that I walk fast, J who is always is so sweet and has the best ideas, and T the runner with three girls.  There are a few others, but those are the ones I see the most. I love my Monday-Friday friends.

Now that we are back together, I think I might skip walking with the mommy group a little bit more.  It is solely because I have to drive somewhere to walk and then pack and unpack the stroller twice.  Now that I am walking 2 miles minimum a day with company, I don't think I need more walking than that.  I don't need to burn the calories, I just do to keep healthy and LG loves to be outside. 

LG loves being outside so much that I have three ways of pushing her around.  The stroller- great for the morning walk or when I want her to nap on the walk.  The wagon- great for when we are going to have a buddy with us or a quick walk to the the neighbors to pick up BG.  And the tricycle- LG's favorite and I have the push handle so I can steer while saving my back.

The toughest part of all of these "first" starting is going to be LG adjusting to the new schedule.  I'm looking forward to when she is adjusted, because it really is better than the laid back summer schedule.

Now if only I could find that list I made of things I can blog about...

4 comments:

Sara and AJ said...

Sounds like life is good! :) love reading about it!! :)

Michelle said...

Does the skirt come in adult sizes? ;-) Sounds like you've got a great schedule and great friends. I wish I lived near you! Or you near me!

km said...

I would love a walking group like that. It seems in my neighborhood moms drive 8 houses to drop their kids off.

Love that outfit!

Desi said...

Wow--if you described a can-can girl to a six-year-old fashion designer (which I was!) with no pictures, I think it might come out like that. I love it!