Friday, March 25, 2011

APB for the Springtime Bandit

I'm not the Springtime Bandit, but I imagine someone might send out an APB to find the author of this blog.  It's been crazy here at home and I don't find myself on the computer very often.  Our life has been filled with finishing cookies sales, science projects and the loss of a family member.

Our cookies sales were great.  Out troop sold 1200 cookies with a profit of about $780.  We are going to have a really fun field trip that the girls are going to vote on next Friday.

BG presented her first science fair this week.  She did a project on how the phases of the moon effected the number of stars visible from our house.
It was a great opportunity for all of us to work on something together.  The projects were judged during the day and then parents came in the evening to view the projects and take home our things.  The fair was cut a little short when someone decided it would be funny to turn off the lights in the auditorium and no one knew how to turn them back on.  BG said that whomever turned of the lights owes the principal a big I'm sorry.
As far as my beautiful Springtime Bandit, I haven't been able to find her.  I remember the last time I wore it was during Ski Week.  I was afraid it might of been at the zoo, in which case it may be done forever.  I finally accepted that it is lost somewhere with the Koolhaus (lost at Kindergarten) and BG's new blue fingerless mitts (somewhere at school, also).

Then I had to cut an onion.

I don't mind cutting a little bit of an onion quickly if it needs to go on a hot dog or some chili.  But I made this amazing Shepard's Pie for St Patrick's Day.  The recipe starts with bacon and ends with beer.  Yum!  The recipe calls for two medium onions.  I did not want to cut that much onion without eye protection.  I went upstairs to look for BG's swim goggles.  When I checked the ski bag I found the Springtime Bandit.  I was so happy!

I think it's funny how onions led to me finding my scarf.  BG's swim goggles were not in the ski bag.

I don't know when I'll post again, but know I've got some good stuff for you like the finished Citron.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I haven't blogged in so long that my Mom called to make sure I was alright. Glad to see you alive and finding a lost knit. And I'm sorry about your loss. He sounded like a nice person.

Alanna said...

Oh, how I love Shepherd's Pie. I think I need to try this recipe. (Though maybe I'll hire someone to cut the onions for me.)

And SO glad you found your knit!!! :)

Unknown said...

Those girls are too cute! Claire and her accessories!

thanya said...

Sorry to hear about your loss! :(

Yay for finding your "lost" knit! I love when that happens! Like finding a $1 in your jacket pocket. :)

Mmmmm.. Shepard's Pie is the best! This recipe uses bacon?!?! LOVE it even more!