The FedEx man never came. There was a slight bit of confusion.
This is the second iPad that we are having delivered this month. DH had bought one as "a second computer" for around the house. Though once it was here he wanted to keep if for himself. Not in a selfish way, but in a not have to sign in and out of everything type of way. Plus he wanted to keep his Angry Birds score all to himself.
So a second iPad has been ordered and that one will be mine and I'm sure the one the BG will be stealing to use all the time.
Oddly the second iPad is being delivered by UPS, not FedEx like the first one. So when a certain somebody told me that iPad was being delivered on Tuesday, I knew I had to be home for the hours of day surrounding 11am because that is when the FedEx guy comes. Then at noon I sent and email asking DH to check the tracking status.
Turns out I should of been waiting for the UPS lady, who doesn't come until after 3pm. Oh and the iPad is STILL IN CHINA.
In the meantime, I made lemonade. Well, I am going to make lemonade. You see we have these citrus trees in the backyard. Two are oranges and don't taste very good but the third is a fabulous lemon tree.
A fabulous lemon tree that I am afraid of. There bugs in there. At the end of summer the thing is fill to the brim with spiders. SPIDERS! I can't even think about it with out getting chills. But the lemons are so yummy and I have a great lemonade recipe.
I learned something about lemon trees and that is the more you pick the fruit, the more fruit the tree will grow. I did a good job last year about picking fruit, but once those late summer spiders showed up lemons quickly moved down many slots on my must-have list.
Today there were a few lemons that I could easily reach and then there were some like these two.
Do you see that big spider web? I know that a dirty web is an unused web and I'm probably safe picking the lemons. Then there was the Battle of Swifter Duster vs. Buggy Thing dangling in front of my face. The duster won after three minutes resulting in picked lemons and a Hop-around-and-wiggle-so-that-anything-that-landed-on-me-falls-off Dance. It was a very festive event.
Now it seems that the rest of the remaining ripe lemons are out of my reach. I am going to have to get a ladder. Bad news, it puts me closer to the spiders and other creepy crawlies. Good news, less chance of something falling on me.
Darn my lemonade recipe being so yummy.
Here are the fruits of my labors. I'm going to give them about a week to soften up and then these babies are getting juiced.
2 comments:
You need to invent a grabber on a long stick so that you can pick the lemons without having to get too close to them so the spiders fall to the ground instead of on you. My Mom missed her laptop delivery and then they didn't redeliver the next day, and then it was the weekend. So frustrating!
You totally need to get a fruit picker. My friend has one for her lemon tree and loves it. Here's a link to one variation I've seen: http://amzn.to/kXft4S.
Good luck! Can't let those good lemons go to waist. :)
Post a Comment