
I hate the DMV. It's because it is something you have to deal with even if it is as annoying as heck to mess with. And my once a year task that is annoying me now, my registration.
It would be a lot easier if they mailed everything to the correct address. Mind, I did actually go to the DMV last spring and filled out all the paperwork to change all my addresses. Last year I had this problem and I thought that I had resolved it. After all, I was able to renew my driver's license through the mail last summer. This time I watched the guy correct the address in the computer instead of filling out more paperwork.
So, my story started over the weekend in San Diego when I suddenly realized that my tags were going to expire in 5 days and it was only the start of a long weekend. They had actually expired the day before, but the cops don't know that until it is June and my tags still say May 2007.
So, I waited until our short day on Wednesday and zipped on over to the DMV after work. My luck however, there was a ton of construction and two freeway entrances on the 5.76 miles between me and the DMV. That translated to 23 minutes of hopeful thinking that I would get there before 4:50pm when they stop allowing people in.
The good news is once I was there I only had enough time to knit 1/2 inch on the Roza's sock. Plus, I got the new guy, so he was really nice.
1 comment:
The good 'ol DMV, never a short visit.
Post a Comment