I've always considered myself to have hanging around in a emergency situation. I suppose that I have all my training from various jobs (and I've read all the Worst-Case Scenario books), but I feel like I've always been able to handle myself well in crazy situations. I've handled witnessing a nasty car accident which thankful no one was seriously injured to being a camp counselor and had a girl sliced her leg open on a barbed fence (gotta thank the Girl Scout book for that one).
I spent a few years as a manager at the local grocery store. Besides the taking the employees to the emergency room and dealing with fake "slip and falls," I got some good experience in actual medical emergencies with the customers. There was a lady that I swear had a seizure every other month. But I was really upset when I came to work and heard that the chicken fryer had caught on fire. Can you imagine how cool that would of been to be all bustin out the fire extinguisher? I was seriously bummed cause if it happened 10 hours later, I would of been all over that.
So today, I actually got to take the coveted extinguisher off the wall, and not for cleaning purposes. We had a short in an outlet at work that actually caught on fire. My first reaction, run for the extinguisher. MoJo!!! I am glad that the fire was easily put out with a towel. It would of sucked if the office caught on fire.
Chicken fryers fires have got to be way cooler. I am such a closet pyromaniac.
"yes, yes. fire, fire, fire. huh-huh"
1 comment:
Shut up, Beavis.
My experience of this fire was a bit different... I have no MoJo.
Post a Comment