Thursday, October 4, 2007

Big Glass of Lemonade

You know the old saying, when Life gives you lemons, make lemonade? This afternoon I've had a little too much lemonade. The sad thing is it all started as I was getting off work.

Everyone was happy and cheerful. It was the end of the week and we were ready for
something a little more exciting then the work week had been. I had everything planned out from running errands to hitting up the local fair. I was ready for the weekend. I was the last one out of the parking lot, I took my time checking my voice mail, and hopped in my car ready to go. Turns out, I wasn't going anywhere. What could hold me back from catching up on all my TiVo tonight before my list of stuff began tomorrow?...A big ol' huge flat tire. I'd have to say that I have been lucky enough that this is my first, but but you still gotta think "oh, man." I was so proud of myself, I got to taking off the tire before my husband showed up to help.
Then as I helped put the new tire on, he bumped his hand and dropped the tire, my finger got caught somewhere??? and sliced off all the skin on the tip. OUCH!!!! It's cool, I changed a tire and got hurt, all without crying.
The spare was put on and I made it safely home. There go all my errand running tomorrow cause I'm going to be getting new tires. Oh, but wait...
the neighbor's dishwasher has backup my sink--I love sharing plumbing. I cleaned the sink, but couldn't get the water to drain. So that means, before I get new tires, I have to wait for the plumber, joy! It's cool, I'm still stoked about showing off my super girly strength by changing a tire (mostly by myself) and not crying.

So, I make my way to the back of the building to drain the sink from the "drain thing" that is back there in case the upstairs people don't realize they are blocking up my plumbing and keep running water. I turn the corner and a hissing, dirty and quite scary cat charges me. All I can do is scream and run away. That's it, no more lemonade. I'm going to go watch Grey's Anatomy and no, I don't know what is for dinner, dear. I'm not working any more. Between 4:30 and 6:00pm, I had too many lemons.

3 comments:

Good Yarns said...

Looks like you could use a "lemon drop"! Icy and with a kick! YUM.

Sorry it all added up so fast.

Senora Fuerte said...

What the..!!! I'm so sorry we raced off and left you high and dry. I couldn't help it, 'cause I had to be at class, but I wish it had happened on another day of the week, or better yet, not at all... Good work fixing it, though!! Now no more lemons!

Enjoy your Sunday night. Hopefully things will ease up so you can relax before starting the whole thing over again. :)

Victory said...

Wow, I've changed a few tires in my time, but with the whole dropping & cutting of the finger thing, I must admit...I would have cried.

I hope you got some good pamper-me time after a day like that. You deserve a lemon meringue cake...mmm...yummy!