Wednesday, October 17, 2007

"Deal With It"

All I have to say is that if you are not watching Kid Nation, you are missing out on the best new reality TV show of the season. If not at least the best reality season since the third season of Survivor. Now, I know I don't follow the Bachelor or Big Brother. I never watch the new stuff like Dancing with the Stars or Biggest Loser. Really, I haven't cared that much for Reality TV since Clay lost to Rubin.

I kinda accidentally watched the first two episodes of Kid Nation (comes on after The Simpsons) and I am completely hooked. I love watching how the 8-15 year old kids deal with situations that you and I would hated to of seen ourselves in when we were that age. Nevermind being in as an adult. They compete for their wages and the workload they have for the next three days. They really are trying to "built" a little town out in the middle of nowhere. You've got everything from the snobby beauty queen to the poor kid just trying to get through life.

Tonight was election night, and let me tell you, I think us adults could learn a lesson or two from these kids. They could see what need to be done in the yellow group and they voted accordingly. Then there were the two good canidates for the red group and one just had to lose. This kid took it with such grace and style, it would of made his parents proud.


Plus, Greg finally got a star!!! I was again impressed with this kid's pure graditude in receiving something that would change his life. Something that he worked so hard for cause he knew it would change his life. Something that he put all his bullying aside for cause he knew if he was going to win the star, he would have to change for the better. I mean really, if you are going to succeed in life, you have to work for more than just yourself.

I think that so many people could take a lesson in social development from some of these kids.

No comments: