Tuesday, January 20, 2009

You Come Here Often?

You come here often? Because I don't.

It has been way too long since my last post. It's not because of death in the family stuff. But rather more the stresses of the holiday season, not feeling well for a while and, well, let's face it, just plain laziness. Oh, and I would also like to blame one of the computers at work for being broken. It's amazing how much work I don't get done at work sometimes.

I am so glad that the holidays are over though. It is so much work. There are still a few holiday knits that have not been finished. That is mostly because I haven't been knitting very much, either. It makes you wonder what I have been doing with myself and I really can't think of anything productive that I have done in the last month. I did finish reading an overdue library book though.

It didn't help that two weeks after Christmas I wasn't feeling well. I had built a little fortress of used dishes, pillows and video games around my couch. Then curled up into a little ball and waited for death to take me. All I got done then was play Lego Star Wars on the Wii.

But in all, I haven't really been fun. I haven't done anything exciting. At all. No knitting, no replying to my emails, no blogging. I have been reading all of your blogs, but I haven't been commenting. Sorry.

I guess that all I am saying is here is a little post to let you know that I actually did fall off of the edge of the Earth. I'm working my way back. But I'm not going to promise anything. Maybe you will get another post in two weeks. Hey, if you think that this is bad, I haven't updated my daughter's blog since August. Yeah!

9 comments:

Vanessa said...

Glad to hear that you're alive and well! I was starting to worry.

I haven't done any knitting since Christmas either; isn't that awful? (wait...I did try to make some slippers, but they didn't work out). I think we knitters wear ourselves out with Christmas knitting. Are there any patterns that are piquing your interest right now?

Good Yarns said...

I have missed you! I have been sick too. I think it might be into the almost 3 week range of illness! Too much down time is bad for me, my family and the whole neighborhood.

I am glad you are back, though.

See you around here more often, I hope. It's a good place.

(Oh, and let me know if you want me to interview you sometime.)

babycalico said...

Hi, I came across your site while looking through knitting blogs. I'm a beginner at knitting, but really loving it. Btw, your wedding photos are so lovely!

km said...

I'm hardly around either. Hope to see you around more. Hope that I get myself blogging more. Hope you feel better. That's all we can really do...Hope for tomorrow.

Sara and AJ said...

you mean you read my blog?? I think your the only one :) no new knits? I'm kinda surprised, however with christmas come and gone, I haven't been as crazy with my knitting and crocheting either! I still do it, only because I'm obsessed and have to do something while I'm watching tv, so it's either that, or sudoku :)

Live, Laugh, and Love :) xoxo said...

Hey there. What's your name? I almost forgot about you. WAIT!! Is it you Krissy?? It really is you.!!!! YOUR ALIVE hahahahaha....

You can't say you haven't replied to anyones emails, because you have replied to most of mine I think....

Hope your feeling better soon. It sucks being sick, expecially when it is unexpected.

Hope to see more post from you soon.

Desi said...

Well, God bless you! I'm glad to hear that all is improving. And hibernation is only appropriate: it's winter, after all!

Myownigloo said...

Hope you're feeling better. I'm not doing much with the yarn lately either. Something in the air, I guess.

Unknown said...

Missed you girl;)Hugs Darcy