Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Monkey Socks IV

Here I am finally with a knit. I had to finish these up so that I could use the rest of the yarn to make something else.
Monkey Socks IV. Yes, I've made three other pairs of these. The first pair was suppose to be for myself, but they didn't fit, so the BFF has them now. The next two pairs went to Haley and my MIL. So, I finally have a pair for myself. These are actually the third in a matching series for the us girls. Can't you see us now? Hanging out in our matching socks, roasting chestnuts and singing carols. Fa la la lala lala la la.
-
I thought that the monkey was such a fun and fast pattern that I could use it for gift socks. There are a few friends and family whom have asked. Others have been begging. And once I finally decide to make them I could use this pattern. This process usually takes two years. Now I've decided that I need another quickie pattern. Suggestions? Cause I am so taking a break from the monkeys for a while, but have another gift pair I need to make.
Pattern: Monkey Socks by Cookie A. (No Purls)
Source: Knitty.com, Winter 2006
Yarn: Body- Lisa Souza's Sock! Merino in What A Melon
Cuff/Heel/Toe- Rio De La Playa Sock Solid in Slate Rose
I took these pictures in a hurry to get them up on the blog. It was a little tough to show off ankle high socks without showing off leg hair stubble.

6 comments:

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

What stubble;)There Greattttt love the sockies.Hugs Darcy

Anonymous said...

I can see large holes among the wools. Can that socks make our feet hot? I don't think so.

Anonymous said...

How cute! I love the little bits of green in there.

Sara and AJ said...

One of these days I will sit down and attempt to make socks!! not sure if I should learn how to make a hat first though.
Love the socks!!! a little jealous over here though, I want to beg for a pair, but I know what that's like. :)

Myownigloo said...

Ditto. One of these days....

I love the colors and the pattern in these socks! Just gorgeous.

Marsha said...

Great color!!!! I also love the little green in it! Thanks for sharing!