Monday, December 1, 2008

I Tried To Stop Myself

I just realized that I forgot to wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving. I hope that everyone had a wonderful time with your families. Also, thanks a bunch for the comments on my little quandary. It seems like a foggy area, depending on your view. In the end, this one is my heavy modified version of Louisa Harding's pattern. And by calling it that, I don't answer my own question. I will give anyone the pattern, as long as they own the book. Cause, I just feel better doing it that way. I'm not going to make any promises about the future though.

Speaking of the future. I'm not calling myself an Oracle or anything, I just sometimes know stuff. Stuff that I shouldn't know. Stuff that hasn't happened. What? It's not like I see dead people or anything. Here I'll give you an example.

A friend of mine lost her wedding ring and was very upset about it. I told her I would try to dream about it and see if I could figure out where it was. You would be surprised to know how many things I have found by telling myself to dream about it. We almost did as a joke, but still hopeful that the ring would be found.

That night I had a dream that I was standing in a bedroom. I was on the far side of the room and the bed was in front of me. The door was to the left and a table lamp was to the right. Directly in front of me, across the room, was the closet door. Also, the light from the lamp was not illuminating the room, but rather shining into the closet.

Turns out that I described the basic layout of her room, which I have never been in. I told her all I could think of was that the ring was somewhere in the closet. She found it a couple of months later. In the pocket of a pair of her husband's shorts. A pair of shorts that were tossed into the back of the closet.

A little too "whatever" for you?

I've also had crazy deja'vu. Like knowing that someone died before I got the voice mail. Or another time back in high school. ...

I was going to a guy's house to .. ummm... study! Yeah, we will call it that. Okay, honestly I don't remember why I was there. What I do remember was that upon walking in his house I had an image in my head about a monkey in the corner and that his closet wasn't really a closet. It was a 5 foot tall wall that separated the changing area/closet from the rest of the room. Turns out he had a giant stuffed monkey on a hammock hanging from the ceiling and the coolest closest ever. It was a short little wall separating it from the rest of the room. No door or anything. Just a little wall.

Okay, so now that we have established that I'm weird. That or I have a thing for closets. But hey Joseph had weird dreams and he ended up running Egypt.

So my latest.

A couple of months ago, I had a dream. I was driving my Dad to LAX. We took Sepulveda instead of the freeway. This means that we were driving right past my local yarns shops. As we were driving by, I saw a white moving van parked right in front of the yarn shop. She doesn't have a back door, but it is off of the main road a little bit. Turns out in my dream, the were unloading the shop into the van. They were stealing all of my yarnie goodness.

Today, on my lunch break. Guess what I saw. I moving van backing up into the skinny little driveway of my LYS. Hello! Freak out.

Okay, it was blue van not a white van. But what are the chances that there would EVER be a moving van parked in front of my LYS and that I happen to see it while driving by?

I tried really hard not to think to hard about it. I went back to work and ate my chicken teriyaki bowl, listened to a little Dr. Laura. But I kept thinking about all of those woolly yummies being done forever because of some jerk in a moving van. Plus, we went to lunch early. I went to the bank, got some quarters, drove through Jack-in-the-Box, ate and still had 25 minutes to burn.

That's it. I'm going to El Pollo for an ice cream cone and the vantage point to get a picture while waiting in the drive through line. You so know I did it. I tried to stop, but I wouldn't be able to live with myself. I took a picture of that darn moving van. Hey. If my yarn shop gets robbed. I got a license plate number baby. I blocked that out just in case they are actually innocent. Of course, that would mean that I really am, just a little bit, crazy.

I'm not saying that I am psychic, but I so called LOST way back in the first season. I said that they were in a time continuum and that the island could sense what they wanted and manifest it. Like when John Locke's dad showed up on the island and Ben said that the island was a like a box that would give you what ever you wished for. Then the creators admitted that the island was in a space/time continuum. They all thought that I was crazy back then, but I was right. I could of died a happy woman at the end of season three.

5 comments:

Shawna said...

weird! i sometimes have dreams that eventually happen. just a couple of seconds though...i have been "doing" that since i was a kid. it's like deja vu. i think "wait, i have seen this before". your dreams are freaky!;o)

Live, Laugh, and Love :) xoxo said...

Your funny. Any dreams of me going on vacation...too.....Anywhere..
Yes I am proud of my hubby he is a hard worker.

Anonymous said...

Wow. I sorta wish I had this ability, but then again, I don't.

Anyway, can you gaze into your crystal ball & tell me if I'm going to win the lottery anytime soon? lol.

Anonymous said...

Well, we can hope (dream) that Cathy got so much Malabrigo that she had to hire a moving truck to deliver it! That, and she has a secret storage room somewhere...

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

I believe:)Hugs Darcy