What do you call a group of Monkeys?
My MIL calls everyone monkeys. So, it seems appropriate that if I am going to make matching socks for her and the girls, that they be Monkey Socks. This is part of why the Froot Loops took me so long to make. I had to make socks for us girls to wear together at the hospital. We didn't do that. Sad thing it that I still have not sewn in the ends to my pair. I will, when my feet get cold enough. My MIL is calling me a monkey right now.
These socks are placed in order of made first to last. Did you notice that the main color got lighter and lighter? Thank goodness I didn't make one pair of normal length socks from this. The two wouldn't match. I think that it is so odd that the yarn did this. And it's nice yarn, Lisa Souza Sock. I've always heard good things about her yarn, so she must of been monkeying around when she dyed it. Oh, I crack myself up.
Chicklet's pair makes four, but it's my fifth pair of monkeys. The title is not a typo. They are still a little too big of our 3.5 month old. If you can believe she is already that old. And such a cutie. Chiquita has fun wearing her matching socks.
These are the "No Purls" Monkeys. Basically the regular pattern, but you knit wherever it says to purl, with the exception of the rib cuff. They actually are quite fun and I can see why it became such a popular pattern. The baby pair is very modified to get four repeats in a round. I was surprised the other day when a knitter identified them correctly. I don't think they look anything like monkeys. I also don't think people look like monkeys, but what do I know.
Okay, MIL doesn't call people monkeys because they look or act like monkeys. I think it is because back in her single, modeling days... my girls have good genes... she had pet monkeys. Spider monkeys! I have no idea where she got them. Probably Mexico. That's where we got our turtle. Maybe monkeys come from there, too? I guessing later I'm going to get the whole story on this.


2 comments:
You have completed a long journey. Now it's time to rest... or get moving on those blue socks you've been talking about. You know, whichever... ;)
A troop of monkeys. Very similar to Girl Scouts.
Post a Comment