Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thank You Dishcloths

Since it is Thanksgiving Weekend, the appropriate FO to blog about would be the Thank You dishcloths.  Being that I am so thankful and everything.   I made four sets of dishcloths for the lovely ladies girls that threw me my baby shower back in July.  I corrected my use of the word ladies because the other day, while writing an email, I called to a group of women in my age group "ladies".  Yeah, that's a great way to feel old fast.  I had a blast working with these bright colors.  The are the Sugar'n Cream cottons in the Hot colors.  Hot Pink, Hot Blue, etc.  I also crocheted these.

I have been working on expanding my fiber world and am teaching myself to crochet.  It started with a blanket for Chicklet, that has since been frogged.  Little squares are a lot easier to practice with.  Since making these 10 cloths for the baby shower girls, I have made some for Chiquita's teachers that we left in LA and two more that are just sitting at home unused.  I haven't decided if I should keep them for myself or keep them as stock for the next time I need to give someone something.  They are great gifts.  I quick and easy and cheap gift that stills shows off my fabulous, talented self.  Oh, that sounded conceited.

Our Thanksgiving was wonderful.  It was just the our family, plus one and a half.  DH's brother and his dog have been staying the weekend with us.  He brought his PS3 and Rock Band gear.  We have been jamming to the sweet songs of the Beatles.  Chiquita is quite the singer and it's great reading practice for her since she doesn't know all the lyrics.

DH order a smoked turkey and he was in charge of  cooking that.  I did all the rest of the traditional yummy stuff and Chiquita made cookies.  Star shaped sugar cookies with sprinkles.  They are all gone now.  We were thankful for our full tummies and the dishwasher to do all the dishes in.  I really am thankful for where I now live.  There is a washer and dryer, my allergies love the wood floors throughout, the kids love the private backyard and hiking trails.  Not being stacked up on top of each other is also great.

A Few Things that I am Thankful For :
  • My Family
  • DH's great job that pays for everything
  • Living in lots of space, even if it takes me half an hour to sweep it.  I like sweeping better than vacuuming anyways
  • Hugs and cuddles from my girls
  • In house appliances, I just can't get over this
  • Getting more sleep

    I think I am about to be kicked off the computer.  Time for breakfast and then some Rock Band.  I'm thinking Santa may be bringing this down our chimney this year.  Did I tell you we have a chimney, too?

    5 comments:

    Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

    A lovely post and I love the dishclothes so colorful.Hugs Darcy

    Desi said...

    I respect your facility with the hook as well as the needle. You scare me. But in a good way.

    julie k said...

    I love those colors. Very pretty!

    Thanks for participating in my giveaway!

    Sara and AJ said...

    Your so cute!!! are you enjoying your house??? :) I love it!!! Those dishcloths are adorable!! I've never crochetted (sp) a dishcloth before, only knitted, which you know my OCD self has knitted well over 75 of them, for christmas gifts!! They make wonderful gifts!!! Happy Holidays!!! LOVE YOU!!!

    Live, Laugh, and Love :) xoxo said...

    ooooooohhhh it's a rainbow.