It's that time of year when all of us mothers get to go through our house and completely redecorate it. In a festive holiday theme of course. We've got our stockings hung on the fireplace and a few decorations here and there. But most of all, we have our tree up. I actually put it up the Saturday after Thanksgiving. It's been loaded up with presents underneath and Thomas the Train is running his route around the tree.
I suppose I could of taken a better picture of it. But, you know, whatever. This thing is completely loaded down. I don't think that I could find room for another decoration. It's all silver/white and blue. The red and gold decorations stayed packed up. Next year I might get a smaller tree to put by the fireplace and that one can be red and gold and have all the kiddy decorations on it. It has to go over there to match the stockings.
I love this tree. It was the prettiest one at the shop. There are little pine cones and flocking. Two types actually. The stuff that looks like snow and GLITTER!!! How awesome is a tree that comes with glitter. We are such girls in our house. DH says that it is going to make a mess, but hey, I like sweeping the floors. And a real tree would make a much bigger mess. We didn't go real partly because I think fake trees are prettier, easier to decorate and I have allergy issues. We have a couple of pine table top arrangements and I've noticed the increase in stuffy nosed days. It stinks being allergic to Christmas.
Here's one of my favorite ornaments and the only one on the tree that isn't silver or blue. It took me a couple of days to get all the ornaments on. At first our tree was decorated by a couple of teenagers that were visiting. They just put anything up anywhere. It looked nice, but not symmetrical enough for my taste. So, the other night I took everything off and put it back up. This is of course after categorizing all the ornaments by size and color. Starting with the largest of ornaments and making my way down to the smallest. It's just absolutely perfect.
I really am going to have issues when the kids are older.
3 comments:
Your tree is lovely:) Hugs Darcy
Merry Christmas
a little OCD there Krissy???? :) I LOVE IT!!! and the tree looks way cool!!! when the kids get older you'll just have to have a "kids" tree, and then the "nice" tree. That really does stink about not having a real Christmas tree, yes they are a mess to clean up, but I LOVE the smell. However if it made me stuffy and miserable that would not be a good thing. Miss you, and have a Merry Christmas!!!
You frogged your Christmas Tree.
Post a Comment