Making this is pretty basic and I stuck to my usual MO of only half following the directions. If you look at the pattern, there is a very tricky step when you have several stitches all on your hook at once. Then it magically doesn't. I decided I didn't want to follow this step and it's the bottom of the trivet, so who is going to be looking at it? No one. I just decreased the stitches and was still able to easily put the bottle cap inside my little crochet circle, so it all worked out in the end.
The only thing I would of done differently is use more colors. Even though I have several small balls of left over sock yarn, I only have two of light-weight sock yarn. The medium weight is just too heavy for this project. One day I may come back to this project. Maybe add some circles so that I can use it in the kitchen. Or make matching coasters for the tea cups that I don't use. Why did I make this?
I know why I made it. For the BattleStar Galactica game that I am playing. One of the missions was to make something by reducing, reusing or recycling. I reused bottle caps and made them into a tea trivet. It's all in good fun.

2 comments:
I like the trivet: it looks like a colony of sea urchins!
I love the trivet very pretty:) Hugs darcy
Post a Comment