Monday, July 5, 2010

I'm Busy Being Bored

It's amazing how being a Stay at Home Mom can keep you busy to no end and bore you out of your mind at the same time.  

Keeping BG busy for the summer is fun, but exhausting.  She would like things to be exciting and different every day.  I'm glad that we have a large group of girls in our neighborhood as she normally plays with them every afternoon giving me a break.

LG has started walking everywhere, wants me to pay attention to her when she's talking and brings me food from the pantry whenever she's hungry.  She even brought her nursing pillow over once.  We have fun walking everywhere we go, but it takes me 10 times longer to get from point A to B.

Then there are the countless hours spent watching BG play with an orangutan at the zoo, run around at the park, or play in the garden at the library making sure she doesn't get kidnapped or injured.  Countless hours stacking blocks to get knocked over by LG, trying to read the whole page of a book before it gets turned or following her around to where ever she feels like going. 

It's very boring, but I'm so busy doing it. 

Then I have to take full advantage of nap time to get anything done around the house.  There are a few things that I can get done during solo playtime.  This does not include doing the dishes because LG thinks that the dishwasher is the coolest toy to take things out of and then try to crawl inside. 

And none of this time can be spent knitting.  At night I have the option to knit or sleep.   I sleep.

2 comments:

Desi said...

I remember this phenomenon. We got Sea World passes and would hit the playground and one show each visit.

Alanna said...

Ha ha, I love this. I'm not QUITE there yet, but I can totally relate. Well said.