I guess I'm feeling a little blah because it's been raining all day, I haven't cleaned the house, Target only had Hello Kitty rainboots that BG did not like, and I'm finally sitting down to write a post. Which brings me back to if I should keep doing this? I would probably enjoy it more if I blogged more often.
Back to the title of this post:
We had a very wonderful Valentine's Day at our house. BG made her Valentine's for her class this year. Our supplies were simple and I got the idea from the Brooklyn Bride. We used card stock, watercolors, paper doilies, and adhesive spray.
BG painted the card stock lots of different colors. Her class is mostly boys so she was creative with the colors. It always surprises me how different our artistic views are. As simple as this project was, there was a lot of colorwork going on. She also had certain people in mind as she painted and so each card is custom for that particular classmate.
Once everything was dried, I worked on adding the paper doilies. We only used the heart-shaped ones. I cut them to fit approximately over the card and then glued them with the spray adhesive. Spray adhesive gets everywhere and its very difficult to glue to pieces of paper together when one of them is full of holes. BG was getting a little frustrated the doilies not sticking so she went out to play while I glued.
BG finished up with trimming the edges. BG stamped the backs with "Be My Valentine" and wrote her Tos and Froms.
I loved that, instead of buying iCarly or Dip-a-Stick Valentines, we went old school and made them this year. It would be a fun tradition to start. Each card was handed out in class with two heart-shaped chocolates.
Click to enlarge :)
I have a hard time picking which one is my favorite. I love how you can't see the black one on the black table, the teal one is so saturated with color, or the rainbow one.BG gave me a solid pink card with water drops on it where it had somehow gotten wet. Even LG got in the fun and painted a card to give to her sister. We tried the white crayon thing, but found that didn't work as well as the Brooklyn Bride's.
1 comment:
I love those valentines. So pretty and creative. Much better than store-bought! And don't get your hopes up too much, but there is a job for Jon in SD that is supposed to be available at the right time and be perfect for him. Would be almost three years from now though so you may have moved by then!
Post a Comment