This weekend the family and the M-in-Law all packed up in our car and went to Pismo for a weekend in the sun. Do you like the sand crab I made? It looks a lot smaller on camera. I made a sandcastle also, but the kids thought that a game of "Giant Destroys the Castle" was more fun.
Of course, you can't go to Pismo without a stop in Solvang for some cookies. I imagine one day long ago, Solvang was a cute little Dutch town hidden away in the hills of California. It is however, now a tourist trap. Like a big strip mall with semi cool architecture. I loved the cookies though.
Upon driving into town I spotted three quilting shops. Darn me for not having a sewing machine. I did make my way into the nearest quilt shop to ask directions to the nearest yarn shop. Loved the yarn shop, Village Spinning and Weaving. Upon walking, you practically trip over the weaving for beginners. I was able to ask what would be the best for my 4 year old. I was then able to pick the peg loom that I liked and then I was rushed out of the store. While I only hungered for some sock yarn, everyone else was hungry for lunch. I'm so mad. I barely had time to make my purchase. So, if you are ever in Solvang, the first five feet of the spinning store is really cool. Haley on the other hand is very excited to have her very own "netting" project. Can't quite say knitting as much as a try to teach her. On the good side, I may never have to wonder what to do with my leftover yarn again.
So get this, Dutch town, we went to Bit O' Denmark for lunch and I had the club sandwich with fruit salad. So tourist trap. After lunch I found Rosmussen's Needlework, Yarn and Yardage. It's like a really small deptpartmet of Michael's that carries the cheap stuff. I got to spend all the time that I wanted in there though. I was not impressed and kinda bummed that I couldn't go back to the spinning shop. Time to get on the road again.The remainder of the trip was great and I got some charity squares of scrap yarn done. The rest of the time was devoted to having fun. We checked out a barn that was more like a privately own farmers market. They had sheep, goats and llamas though. I wanted to take this little guy home with me.
Here is a cool Saturday Sky to wrap it all up. It's down on the beach in Pismo at 9 o'clock at night actually. Skye had somehow been able to get enough light in the exposure that it looks like day time. So, that is Man in the Moon you're checking out. Good job, Skye. 
1 comment:
I love your photography! I hear you about the yarn shop though. People who don't craft just don't understand!
Post a Comment