Knitted Bath Scrubbies! I took this pattern, which is actually for dish scrubbies, and made them for the shower instead. Basically it is some kitchen cotton and a couple of bath loofahs that fell apart. The biggest part of this project was cutting the tulle and tying it into strips to be knit up. I held the cotton and tulle together and just knit a square. I made a little border around the edge by not knitting the tulle with the first and last stitches.
These are actually pretty great. And they haven't gotten smelly, yet. It must be all the Strawberry Swirl and Sorbet Smoothie bath wash that Chiquita uses. To me they look like watermelon and kiwi strawberry bubble gum. You know, the Bubblicious brand bubble gums. My favorite thing about Bubblicious Gum is that they have two colors in each piece. The thing I like the least about Bubblicious Gum, or any gum for that matter, I always seem to bite my cheek. You think I would remember that it's there. So, I just don't chew gum anymore.
Now I get to transition into the less fun side of being cleaning. I've been cleaning out my house. Everything is getting scrubbed, there are things going to Goodwill, but mostly everything is being packed up into boxes. Boxes? you ask. Have I neglected to mention that my little family is moving. Geez... you'd think I would blog more often. I've been busy. Chicklet is sleeping on my lap as I write this and I should be packing or cleaning, but I'm taking a break. Knitting has come to a complete stop, not that I would blog about it. (I have a ton of catchup blogging to do just in the knitting dept).
We are moving. We're leaving the busy, crowded life of LA and heading to San Diego. Moving out of our tiny apartment, that we needed to move out of now that Chicklet is here, and into a house. Yes, a house. With a backyard, a dishwasher and room for kids to play inside. And our own driveway. My own parking spot that no one else is allowed to park in and no one will yell at me for parking there. I've been living in an apartment for the last twelve years. I can't wait until I don't have to check my quarter supply before doing laundry. It's going to be so wonderful. After I pack everything, clean everything, move everything, unpack everything. Sigh, the joys of moving. I know you are insanely jealous.
There is one more aspect of cleaning that I've been having fun with. Exploding diapers. There have only been a few of them, but thank you Simple Green. It gets poop stains out of everything. Just thought I would share.
6 comments:
Ooohhh I want to knit some of those.
How exciting--I LOVE moving! Let me be one of the first to say, "Welcome to San Diego!"
Thanks Deirdre,
Once I am settled, I plan on finding all the San Diego bloggers to show me their favorite LYSs. I'm so bummed to be leaving me LYSs behind.
I am so jealous that you are packing up your stuff and moving!!! :) can't wait to blog about the same thing :)
I'm so excited for you!!! honestly I am, I can't believe you have been living in apartments for that long!! does that include the one we shared in Tehachapi? Anyways love the scrubbies, I've heard of the same thing, except it was for cleaning dishes with, and I've wanted to try making those. I think I may have to take a little trip down to San Diego when of course you are all settled in, and we can have a knitting retreat :) and you can teach me how to cable, and all that fancy fun stuff!!!! Have fun moving and cleaning those little explosions!!
Yay, poop!
Actually, I am jealous of the moving. Not so much the scrubbing and boxing and unboxing, but the fresh start, the increased space, the new things to look at and new walls facing you all day every day... Can you tell I'm stir crazy?
Those scrubbies are brill--what a great way to re-use. What a green (and pink) project!
Post a Comment