I find that I like knitting socks in threes. One pair for me, one for Chiquita, and one for Chicklet. I finished another set of three and went to blog when I noticed that I hadn't blogged about the pair that I finished in January. Yeah, it's be that long. I didn't realize how much of a dent the pregnancy put into my blog. So before I can blog about the pair I just finished, I have to blog about the second pair that was made. The good news is that you can expect another post tomorrow.
Here are Froot Loops II (Chicklet's pair). You might remember Froot Loops I (Chiquita's pair). You might not. I finished Froot Loops III two days shy of a year of finishing Froot Loops I. It took me a year to finish three pairs of socks, one for a kid and the other for a baby. Hangs head in shame.
Back to these socks. It's not the greatest picture. I made them for Chicklet before we learned the sex. Red works for boys and girls you know. I took the picture at my MIL's after telling her that we were pregnant. I guess I wanted to hurry up an blog about it. Ha! I do remember that it was overcast and I was having a hard time photographing the red.
These are the greatest socks. They stay on Chicklet beautifully. In fact, so well that I have to give a little tug to get them off, but they don't leave any pressure marks on her skin. I think that it is because I did the pattern on the leg only. I've heard people say to put decreases above the ankles for babies to keep them from coming off.
Last weekend all three of us sported our matching socks. It was so much fun. You get more compliments that way, too.

1 comment:
What a great idea: matching socks! That does assume that no one has outgrown or lost a sock by the time the 6th one is done, and that would be a lot to assume in my household!
Post a Comment