Pattern: Froot Loops by Kristi Geraci From: Knitty, Spring 2008
Yarn: ShiBuiKnits Sock in Chinese Red, 1 Skein
There was a lot of thought that went into the making of these socks. I had to find all the perfect components to making a pair of Spirit Socks for Haley. School Spirit that is. Her school colors are red and white. Well, I didn't want to make red and white socks and run the risk of her feet looking like she just walked out of a candy cane factory. So, solid red socks. How am I going to find solid red sock yarn? And it can't be any red. It has to be a true red. Bright and bold, make a statement red. A red that matched the $8 shirt that she wears every Friday. Then I came across ShiBui Sock in Chinese Red. Who makes a bigger bolder statement than the Chinese? Especially with the synchronized diving.
Anywho, this red was so bright and bold that is was hard to photograph. I had to use a bunch of the fancy filters on my camera and still didn't capture it just right.
So, close your eyes an imagine China's Jingjing Guo and Minxia Wu celebrating their gold medals in women's synchronized diving at the Beijing Olympics in their cute little coverups and that is the very red of these socks.Okay, I have yarn, but what pattern will I use. That was almost a given. Socks named after our favorite Toucan, of course. Here is the sugary details of the Froot Loops.
These sock were really a lot of fun to knit up. They were even more fun to show off to all of the other moms. No, they were more fun to knit. I'm off to make a matching pair for myself. See you around. Oh, and I never say it, but thanks for reading.
6 comments:
I love the eye candy it makes me fruit loopy;)Hugs Darcy
I know Iam so corny.lol
red is always hard for me to photograph, but i use picnik to correct the shade. cute socks! i need to knit my kids Christmas socks soon, even though i'm so...oo burnt out on socks:o/
Those socks are so cute. Looks like a fun pattern. And they remind me that I have a pair of socks that only need a toe.
This weekend is the 26th...when M has the kids and I was supposed to have a day off to meet you for lunch. And as luck would have it, I'm working today and tomorrow. We will meet up someday. I will hope for that. And I'll go over to RWN and type up some thoughts as soon as I can. This time I think I'll cross reference my Bible to see what's actually written.
Being from a school that also had red and white for colors I think those are some pretty spirity socks. :-)
Wow, you knit your kids socks for school spirit. I just buy pom poms, lol.
Red IS hard to photograph well...I can imagine how bright the color is, but I can still see how pretty & soft they look. Great job!
Those are very cute froot loops!
Post a Comment