Sunday, November 2, 2008

Moments

I've been so bad with this blogging my knitting thing. But you know how it is. First you have to knit the thing. Then you take pictures. Upload them to the computer. Take new pictures because all the first pics suck. Upload those. Put them on Ravelry then on to the blog. Figure out something interesting to write about them. Finally publish a post. It takes a lot of time. So, I apologize for not blogging consistently. I haven't even done a good job of refreshing the quote of the week on Fridays. I may have to move that to another day of the week. With all of that being said, I just realized that I uploaded all of the photos of the Firestarter socks, but never wrote the blog post. Oops. You'll have that tomorrow.

What I really wanted to do was share with you a moment that I had the other day. It was so nice. I had gotten home from work. I quickly changed my clothes and headed off to pick up Haley from school. On the way out turned on the Pandora on the iPhone, stole a piece of Hershey's chocolate from the Halloween candy and headed out the door. It was such a nice afternoon. Jack Johnson was singing to me and I was enjoying chocolate. Darn that school for being only a three minute walk. Although, we do appreciate the short walk when trying to get to school on time. It was a nice three minutes out of my day.

Have you had any moments lately? I'm not giving out a prize or anything, just wondering.

Haley had quite the sugar-high fueled moment on Friday. She was Ariel and quite the cutie. Kindergarten Halloween parties are a ton of work. The school parade took up almost half of the morning. Then I was in charge of the craft table. What craft did we do you ask? Christmas ornaments for the teachers.

Yes, preparing for Christmas on Halloween day. I feel like I should be putting up my tree already. I have been holiday knitting. A couple of fingerless mitts, some hats. I have a whole weekend to my self next week, I'm thinking that I can get a lot done then. I hope that everyone had a fun and safe holiday. Thanks for reading.

For those of you that follow Haley's blog, you can expect a major update next weekend, too.

3 comments:

Victory said...

Yay! A post from Krissy! You know, your blog is the first one I look for when I open up my Reader.

Fingerless mitts? Might those be for moi?

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

Very cute mermaid;)I will have to put up the pictures soon of my 2 toddlers in their minnie mouse costumes:)Hugs Darcy

Anonymous said...

What a cutie!!