Tuesday, November 25, 2008

FYI No No, F MY I

A long, long time ago a friend asked me a question. Does perfume go bad because hers was smelling different? My answer was that I didn't think so. There is so much alcohol in those things how could they go bad? Plus, as long as the new smell is a good smell, who cares.

Oh, how naive I was way back when. You see, I'm the type of girl that bought a bottle of perfume and used it up before I bought another. I have a few bottles of very old perfume that my grandmother gave me, but those are more like collector's items.

Now that I am a grown up, I have a few different bottles that I use regularly. One of them is a bottle of Britany Spears, yes I know, but I don't use it too often. The little spray pump doesn't work. I exchanged it and the new pump doesn't work. So I have to unscrew the bottle to use the perfume. Because of this the bottle was buried in the drawer with my other deodorants and smelly stuff.

I dug it out this morning on only to find yucky yellow condensation in the bottle. Do you see it, right there? So gross. So today, I learned something. Yes. Perfume can go bad. I guess that I will be wearing Chanel #5 to work. I don't want to waste that bottle.

No comments: