Monday, November 3, 2008

Firestarters

Pattern: Firestarters
From: Yarnissma (Free Ravelry Download)
Yarn: Conjoined Creations Flat Feet

Here are the Firestarters as promise. How funny that I never wrote the post about these. I took the pictures in my Dad's backyard while visiting him. I love these colors with a pair of blue jeans or dangling my feet over a pool of cool blue water. It's my first time making cables on socks, cabling without a cable needle, and knitting from the toe-up. It was all very interesting. I'll make more toe-up socks, but I think that I will take a break from tinnie-tiny cables for a while. I also made these on 9"circular size 1 needles. That is a cool needle.To keep with the blue theme. Tonight I seem to have the blues. The "blue box blues." I am having some serious opposable thumb coordination problems this evening. I was making some Kraft Mac' and Cheese, hence the blue box. As I was pouring the noodles into the water I just dropped the box. "What the heck?" I was able to save about 2/3s of the box. Then I went to make some peas. I grab the bag out of the freezer. It was in my hand and then it was on the floor. "Seriously?" What else have I dropped tonight?... My knitting bag, crayons, and thank goodness not the salt. Then when I was trying to plug the headphones into the computer, I plugged into the reset button. I'm thinking I need to switch to plastic utensils. Hey, look! swimming pool. I am feeling so relaxed now. Oh no, it seems to just be my thumb. I hope it can still knit.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

I hope the fudgy thumbs are just a phase and not something that sticks around for a while! The socks are lovely...I really like the detailing down the side of the foot.

Anonymous said...

These are very pretty!! I've always liked this pattern and I really like seeing all the different colorways everyone has chosen.