Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thank You, Thank You Very Much...

It's been very difficult to keep up on the blogging front with my husband out of town for such a long while. One week gone, home for a weekend and gone again for two weeks. I have a couple of half written posts that I will get to you as soon as I can.

I did want to get this one out because some people always make my day, even when I feel like I'm not up to par.

I guess that it is that time of year again when the blog awards go around and you get to list your favorite blogs of the year. Better watch out, the memes are coming soon. I received the I Love Your Blog Award from Janet at On The House. Janet is so fun. She doesn't get to post very often, but when she does, it always sparks my interest. She gave this to me a while ago, but I hadn't decided who my five people would be that I would pass it on to, yet.

Then yesterday I got an Uber Amazing Blog award from Amy at Knit Me Pieces. Amy is so sweet. She has been reading my blog for a while, but this is the first time that she has commented. So she is one of those people that my reader counter says is out there.

Now I just have to figure out who to pass it on to. I have to think of those that I haven't given a blogger award to yet.

First would be Michelle at My Boring Life , Shawna at Lamby Knits and Vanessa at Old Souls Knits. I have started reading these blogs in the last year and I feel like they are my blogging friends. We share our progress on the latest Lego game for the Wii or jump out of our pants at the discovery of a new sock pattern, yarn or knitting technique. I have so much fun them.

Then there would have to be Tienne over at Tienne Knits. Besides the fact that she is a fabulous knitter and sock designers, I've got her Fascine Braid Socks on the needles, she is so great with her comments. She gets a lot of comments, but she has always responded to every comment I have left. I wish I could be as good as her. Unfortunately, blogger doesn't ask for email addresses, so I only get you address if you are on blogger, too. (If you ever want my email, it's on the bottom of the right had sidebar).

Then there is my best friend, Kelly. I won't leave a link to her blog because it is about her family, not knitting and etc. But honestly, I got in trouble with her last time when I didn't give her an award. And I deserved it. She had just started blogging. This year she is doing a much better job and definitely deserves an award. This has nothing to do with my wanting a Christmas present this year or having to worry about whether it is safe to answer my phone when she calls. Kelly you are awesome, the bestest friend... have an award.

Congratulations to all of you because I love you uber amazing blogs. And Thank You to those that have awarded me. Now get out there and blog.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww. Thanks! It's so cool to see that people actually ENJOY what I have to say. ;-) I'm just going to warn you now that I'm pretty bad about passing these on but I really truly totally appreciate this!

Shawna said...

wow! thanks:o) i am among some awesome blogger company. i really appreciate all your sweet comments and encouragement. i have enjoyed reading your blog as well. that "bear crime scene" post was hilarious. you almost had me going there for a sec!;o) you're so creative! thanks again and happy knitting:o)

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much! You are very sweet. Congratulations on receiving this award. It is much deserved!

Vanessa said...

Oh, thank you! I'm glad we've connected over needles and keyboards and countries! I love to read your blog and have the chance to be introduced to new patterns and ideas. You deserve your award and I hope you receive many more!