Huh?Let's start at the beginning. You remember my Swallowtail? I love my Swallowtail. I also have a new purse. It's green and yellow and has a nice brown base. I love my Shallowtail, but its full of cool colors and the bag is warm. I need a new scarf. So, I found some yummy Malabrigo Lace, the same yarn as the Swallowtail, and I started prowling Ravelry.
You see, my brain went straight to "scarf" because that is how I use the Swallowtail. Not as a shawl, but as a scarf. I realized what I love so much about the Swallowtail is that it is so small, that I can use it as a scarf without looking like a scarf.
So a little more prowling on Ravelry and a recommendation from Natalie, I've picked out a new project. The Laminaria has a "shoulderette" version. I think that this will solve my need for a new "scarf" to match my bag. And yes, I really am so bad that I buy yarn to match my accesories.
I can't cast it on yet, too much holiday knitting needs to get done first. I do have a little holiday knitting to show off. But you are going to have to wait until tomorrow.
1 comment:
I can see why you like the 'shoulderette'. It looks so good on you. I think that's how I feel about my Clapotis. I can wrap up and feel warm, then it's small enough to loop through the handle of my purse and carry along.
Post a Comment