Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Do You Have a Big Head?

Crappy picture, but it actually better serves the purpose. The mother of who this holiday knit is for reads the blog. I don't want her to know too much of what I am doing here. (Unlike my other sister, the one getting the mitts, if she can't get it on her phone, she doesn't read it. I don't think that she even has cable TV. I have one busy little sister.) But my big sister loves the blog and I'm not showing her what I am doing until I am done. I am "designing," because I guess that is what you would call it, hats for my nephews for Christmas. I've had a ton of frogging already trying to figure out the cable that will show up best on the yarn I am using. I'm a little tired of frogging.

Now I am about 4 1/2 inches into the actually hat. I'm still thinking about changes that I would make on the second hat, but I'll just keep going on this one. I email my sister. Turns out my nephew has a "GIGANTIC" head. Her words, not mine. And the hat I am making is too small. Bummer. I don't want to frog again. So, I cut the yarn. If I have enough when I am all done, I will finish it and save it for an actually newborn, not a 10 month old.

Man, so many of my family members have big heads. I mean really. Just look at my ego. It's amazing I fit in the same room as the rest of them during the holidays. Yeah, I'm not too worried about redoing the hat. I am an awesome knitter, you know. ----- I have to knit a 40 inch hat for my 22 inch head circumference.

What size hat do you wear for you ego?

2 comments:

km said...

It's funny how big kids heads actually are. My 7's head is the same size as mine.

I haven't yet given my blog address to my family, I have IRL friends who know about it...but family...I'm not sure about that yet.

Sara and AJ said...

ok ok, I don't know what my problem was when I posted that comment! saw you called, but I was on the phone with Rachel discussing our New Kids weekend, which is this weekend :)
anyways, I am going crazy with dish clothes, I'm actually surprised that I enjoy knitting at all, I fall more towards crochetting!!! I'll call you later probably when I get back
love ya