Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Monkey Socks III

I've been seriously MIA. I haven't even read the blogs that I follow for about a week. I'll do my best to get some comments out to you guys by the end of the week.

In the meantime, the second pair of matching Monkey Socks for Haley and my MIL are done. I believe I may even have enough yarn for another pair for me.
Pattern: Monkey Socks by Cookie A. (No Purls)
Source: Knitty.com, Winter 2006
Yarn: Body- Lisa Souza's Sock! Merino in What A Melon
Cuff/Heel/Toe- Rio De La Playa Sock Solid in Slate Rose


It is not the most impressive picture ever. I had the opportunity to have these modeled by my SIL, but I forgot. She did try them on and since she is just a half size smaller then my MIL, I'm sure they will fit my MIL perfectly. Now I know the perfect sized sock for my SIL, too. hehe. She has been earning her socks. Yes, I said earning. I'm not nice enough to just knit socks for anyone. You have to be so sweet, fun and meet a lot of other criteria. Jenifer earns her socks without even trying. Now, when will I find the time to make her some. Is Easter good for you, Jen?

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

Cute socks. I like the little bits of green that are nestled here and there. I'm sure that your MIL will love the treat for her feet!

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

Iam so drooling over these socks so yummy!!!Hugs Darcy

Anonymous said...

These socks are fantastic! Your MIL will love them.
Sandra Singh