Monday, January 24, 2011

Baby February III

Not this week that just past, but the one before, I was out of town babysitting for a couple of nights.  DH's best friend was having his second child and I stayed with the big brother while they were at the hospital.  This was great timing since it was right after my mandatory parent meeting for Girl Scouts and the heater broke that night.

Now that the darling little Ava is born, here is the knit that she received from me.  The mommy asked for a sweater so I was relieved that she didn't want a blanket.  It's a Baby February knit up in Knit Picks Comfy Worsted.  I used the leftover yarn from my niece's blanket.
It's the same number of repeats in the pattern and the same needle size as LG's sweater, but this one is much larger.  I guess it's all about the gauge, which I never care about when it comes to baby knits.  Elizabeth Zimmerman even states in the pattern that the child will grow into it.

It is large enough that LG fits this sweater right now when she grew out of her sweater months ago.
Here is LG modeling the sweater in the playhouse while it was still hidden on the side yard.  I did a good job of hiding the house until Gramma came for a visit.  Gramma loves to sit in the backyard and LG took off straight for the playhouse.  When BG chased after her she saw the house.  So about 2 weeks before Christmas the house was moved onto the patio and has been played with on every non-raining day ever since.  Gramma even bought the girls special doll furniture that can withstand the elements and stay outside.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Claire, you are adorable! Krissy, when you start selling your knits, let me know...

Michelle said...

That's too bad that you couldn't keep the house a secret until Christmas but at least they're loving it! The furniture sounds nice. And the sweater is so sweet looking. Definitely a nice pattern.

Alanna said...

Ha ha, I was wondering if you managed to keep that house hidden!

Beautiful sweater, and adorable Claire!