If you missed out on a Christmas Card from us this year, I posted our card picture on Christmas Day. With all the cards I sent out this year, I think I missed out more. I've never counted how many cards we received, but there were a few that I look for in the mail that I never got.
Don't worry, I got on Facebook and pestered them (still am if you count this sentence). Turns out there are people busier than me and they never had time to put a card together.
Oh heck, I'm going to talk enough about it that I'll show you the picture again. It's not like my kids are ugly or anything.
Our adventure started when we went shopping at the mall. Half of sending out a picture card is shopping for the perfect outfits to wear. I found these cute sweaters at Gap on sale for 50% off. The total price for both sweaters was $33 give or take a few cents. I also like that I found sweaters that are matching, but not identical.
The mall always includes a visit to Santa Claus. LG does not like Santa Clause. BG on the other hand was happy to be on her best behavior when asking for a remote control helicopter and set of walkie-talkies.
Now that the shopping was done, we needed to get our holiday photo taken.
It is very difficult to get a picture of the two of them together without one of them doing one of the following actions:
Not Looking at the Camera
Screaming at the Other One
Not Smiling
Not Smiling
Not Staying in the Picture Frame
The final picture was the third of ten pictures taken over the time period of one hour. That includes walking to the lagoon/golf course and goofing off time.My first attempts of getting a photo were down by the lagoon. It's a nice background even if I can't get as close to the water as I would like to. We found a bench that the girls sat backwards on and I snapped a few photos.
Not looking at the camera...
Mid-scream at BG...
Then we headed over to the golf course. They have a great little duck pond with a waterfall. These photos fall under the "It Could Work in Theory" category. To be honest I would of had great pictures, if I could levitate over water. LG spent the entire time 6 inches from the water's edge looking at the ducks and was as happy as ever feeding them Goldfish crackers for 20 minutes.
Photos here included:
Not in the frame...
Not Smiling...
In the end I still got a photo uploaded to Costco and we had a really fun adventure.
In fact, it's such a nice day out today that I think we might do it all over again, but with no camera and a bag of bread crumbs.

1 comment:
The sweaters you picked where great. Matchy but not matchy-matchy. Ya know? We never got cards from a couple of people either and at this point it probably has nothing to do with a forward on our old address. Guess everyone was busy!
Post a Comment