The pictures are from our afternoon at Legoland and the conclusion to the Not-So-Bad Bad Day.
It was super chilly that morning because our downstairs is always freezing. Our heater has been broken for a week, making it even colder. Phone calls have been getting relayed between us, the repair guy, the management company, and then the landlord whom I am told does not have a cell phone. Brrrr.
There was a parade in front of the Capital building.
Then we got a call from Ms. Lori. She got terribly sick and wanted me to walk her daughter to school. Also, she wouldn't be able to take the girls to Legoland that afternoon. This is devastating to the girls because her extra free pass expires at the end of the month. Today was the perfect day to go because it's early dismissal and there is no school on Friday thus no homework. It's a teacher in-service day.After drop off, Ms. Lori called and suggested that I use her season passes and take the girls anyways. This is genius and all I have to do to look like Ms. Lori is dye my hair and have a face transplant. I swung by Ms. Lori's and grabbed her passes on the way to the library.
The girls had the most fun filled 3-hours ever!
The library was great! Songs about cookies, stories about cookies and then a craft making paper cookies. I must of been having too much fun paying attention to my kid during craft because I didn't notice when some dirty little toddler must of reached into the pockets on my bag and had taken my car keys. Where are the parents when this is going on? The librarian and a couple of parents help me look for 20 minutes when it was decided that my keys are either somewhere in the book stacks or already on their way home with someone else. Thankfully I had a friend there that gave me a ride home to print up a new insurance card to get the VIN number and to grab my extra carseat for LG. Then she took me to the Chevy dealership to get new keys cut.
This is as close as she would get to the LegoPeople.
I am loving that my heater was broken because I threw my house key under the front mat, just in case the repair guys needed it, and I was able to get back into my house. I call this just plain luck.Being out of the house and losing my car keys made me feel like I was lost and had no idea where to go next. It's a horrible feeling when you have a 1.5 year old that wants lunch and a nap. Or when you know you have school pick-up later and are responsible for picking up someone else's kid, too. Or when your friend's Legoland passes are locked in your car and OMG what if they want to go that weekend? Or even worst, it my car still in the parking lot? I checked 3 times.
This is for the BoringKnitter who had a mediocre day at the real Mt. Rushmore.
Having keys again, I picked up the girls from school and surprised them by going to the previously cancelled, almost canceled again, Legoland.I was easy to get through the gates when I pulled out "my passes" and accidentally dropped a bunch of stuff from my diaper bag. I gave the teenager working the gate the passes, cleaned up my mess, walked through the gate like I owned the place and put out my hand to get the passes back.
Sometimes it's not what you are doing, but how you do it.
As you can see we had a great time at LegoLand. It's like Disneyland, but smaller and with no teenagers. It costs about the same as going to Disneyland, though. That's why we wanted BG to get in on the free pass. Buying season passes may be worth it though to fix bad days and it's only a couple of miles away.
Here is what my new keys look like. See that hook there. Don't use it for climbing, but do use it to make sure rotten, unsupervised toddlers don't cost you another $150 bucks getting new keys and a clicker.
Seriously, they charged $15 to get the key codes and $50 in labor for the 10 minutes to program the clicker. Of course, they don't quote you that on the phone. If GM wants to stay in the green they should hired toddlers to steal car keys at the library.
In case you are wondering why I don't already have a spare. Our original spare plus clicker was lost at my parents aka. pit of no return. The second spare, key only got lost in our move here along with the crock pot? I hadn't made it to a kiosk to make another spare because I never needed it. I also waited until Monday in case my keys to show up before spending the $115 that the one clicker had cost.
3 comments:
Thanks for the Rushmore photo! It wouldn't have been so bad if they let dogs in there but Jon and I had to take turns. Legoland sounds like it would be fun. Hope those keys show up at some point. How long does it take for a Mom to notice her toddler has extra keys????
Yikes, what a day. I'm glad it turned out okay though. I can't wait til Sam can enjoy Legoland. But yikes, it's expensive!
Gee, I was wondering why there are keys in my crockpot...
Post a Comment