Monday, January 10, 2011

Dead Check

This is my two week check in so that you know that I'm not dead.

Or has it been three weeks.  Oops.

When I was young, independent and not living anywhere near my family I used to call them every two weeks so that they would know I wasn't dead.  Those were the days that if I were ever going to be reported as missing, it would of been my work filing the report.  Then the cops would of been questioning my parents as to why they had such poor communication with me.  Then my parents would call all of my siblings to prove to the cops that none of us ever answered our phones.  And still don't.

It's nice to know that my life is so filled now that if I disappear for a day people start looking for me.

Part of having a life that is so full is that it is also very busy.  I don't really blog during the holidays vacations.  I could if I got up on Monday and wrote out three posts before everyone was up.  That's what I did the first week of vacation.

I like my vacations filled with playing with the girls, completely Lego Harry Potter with BG on the Wii, reading books, going to the zoo and being lazy.  And DH normally gets the computer when he's home with me kicking him off only if I NEED to do something.  Blogging doesn't always get done.

I did try.  I wrote most of two posts on the Monday between Christmas and New Year's.  Since they didn't get finished, they didn't get published.

So I guess that brings me to a question:

Is it kosher of me to finish and publish the two half written posts I have done?  They are about Christmas and it's almost Martin Luther King, Jr Day for goodness sakes.

Oh, and as for why I haven't posted since school started up again... 

The cookies have taken over my life.  The Girl Scout Cookies that is.

School started with our regular monthly meeting that I had to get ready for and lead on Friday.  Then there was the 3-hour cookie training meeting, the lunch with my cookie mom, the parents freaking out about cookie sales, the meeting I'm prepping for to talk to parents about cookie rules.

Did I mention that cookies sales don't even start until January 30th?

I can't wait.  BG is going to be awesome.  We are setting our goals and though I don't think she'll sell the 2011 boxes it takes to get a helicopter ride at the Operation Thin Mint Kick-off, how cool is it that some girls do?  Really they do.

There you have it.  My excuse for why I haven't blogged and had to do a dead check.  Because in the blogging world, you can't hold a mirror up to my nostrils.

4 comments:

Live, Laugh, and Love :) xoxo said...

Post them, I look at my blog as a jorunal, and I hope one day I can print it up and pass it to the kids.....

Unknown said...

Okay, no kidding, I was going to email you today and ask where the heck you were! No blog posts, no Facebook status updates. Glad you're still alive and kickin'!!

Desi said...

Sure, share! And yes, cookies are insane. My kid is 16 and still sells 'em. It keeps her peers off her back about still being a scout: they know where the cookies come from!

Michelle said...

My Dad used to call me in the 2-3 week range to make sure I was alive too. Too funny that it's not just me! Are you sure we're not related? I had a horribly experience with Lego HP on Wii. DO NOT try to open the Gryfindor door without the correct character. It locks the door and you can never get back in unless you restart the game from the beginning. We were at 97.7% when it happened. And OMG I have not had anyone try to see me Girl Scout cookies in years. Do you ship?