I love getting my car work on about as much as the next.
Last Friday I went and got my oil changed. I like to take it to the dealership cause they look over everything else, wash the car, you know, whatever. So, they tell me I REALLY need new brakes. Of course, I'm not going to have them change my brakes. They are way too expensive. So, I made an appointment at Pep Boys. Dropped my car off before work and waited for their call.
So, Pep Boys calls me and tells me I need new rear brakes.
Me: "Yeah, that's why I dropped it off."
PBguy: "Well, the mechanic check it over an recommends that you get [this, this, and that] done, too."
Me: "No, I just want the the brakes and the brake system flushed."
PBguy: "Well, he also said that you should get an oil change and your tires rotated."
Me: "What?! I just had my oil changed five days ago and those tires are four weeks old."
Stupidheads. If it weren't for the fact that it's the day before Thanksgiving and I really want new brakes before I get up in the morning and drive in L.A. Holiday traffic... It's like they didn't even look at the sticker that said I still have 2994 miles before my next oil change. Also, due to my flat and mileage, I just got four new tires. Even the guy at Chevy commented on the fact that my tires are new, cause they had a deal for a free rotation with oil change, so they didn't need to do that.
PBguy was retarded, but I got back at Pep Boys, or at least my ego did.
I called them up in my lunch break and they said that my car will be really in 15-20 minutes. I get there 25 minutes later. Joe Mechanic is leaning against my car with two of his buddies and the engine is running. I decided today, I'm going to be "that" lady. I walked up behind him and lean up against my car.
JoeM turns around.
Me: "You comfortable?"
JoeM: "Ummm, yes mame."
Me: "Yeah"
I went inside and told the service manager that they need to turn my engine off if they were just gonna sit out there leaning on my car. I think that they couldn't get rid of me fast enough. They were standing around with keys in hand waiting for me to pay and leave. Funny thing is, I ran into a patient, so I stood around and chit chatted for ten minutes.
I felt so good when I left.
1 comment:
good for you - some men think women don't know what they're talking about/need. what they did was really disrespectful - it's not like you're not paying them enough, they also have to waste your gas:op
Post a Comment