Monday, January 28, 2008

Weekend Warrior

I had a very busy weekend. Starting with this little sweet thing. I actually made it last weekend. It only measures about 2 1/2 inch. The perfect size for a lost tooth. It was just in time, too. My Little Miss lost her first tooth on Friday. I've been feeding her various sticky candies all week in hopes of getting the little bugger to come out. Turns out all I needed was an uncut up apple. Then, I thought about many teeth I lost in apples. And so much healthier.Then there is the Dashing. This is the beginning of the weekend picture. The sad thing is that I am still not finished with it. That is because I spent all my knitting time on a second Koolhaas. I wanted to be warm for this...We took a drive up to Frazier Park. You would of thought that there would be more snow since the 5 had been closed for three days. Of course, it was the day after the freeway was reopened and the place was packed with sledders. We did actually manage to find our own private run that we slide down a total of three times. Okay, time to go home! Well, we really stayed with friends that lived nearby.

Here is my second attempt at a Koolhaas for myself. I ended up really not liking the way the colors were coming together. Also, the best part of the pattern, the lattice design,didn't show up very well. So, I frogged the entire thing. I think that I would get better use out of the yarn if it were a Huckleberry Ascot. So, in the end I don't feel bad for frogging a nearly completed project. Did I mention that I had gotten all the way to the crown decreasing?
To finish up, I've made my own Icanhascheezburger. Our friends have this usually very sweet cat. This trip, he decided he was going to hang out on the highest spot in the house and avoid everyone, even one a certain blogger was trying to be nice and pet his head. So, I blew in his face. Then it got really funny 'cause he would get so mad. Here he is at the end of the weekend.

2 comments:

km said...

I love your tooth bag. It's funny what will finally make the tooth come out. My oldest was drinking a glass of water and the cup knocked the tooth out.

I think you'll like the huckleberry ascot. It's the perfect little scarf.

Senora Fuerte said...

Yay! The first tooth! I lost my first tooth eating scrambled eggs. Go figure. Congratulations!!