Saturday, March 21, 2009

My Big Secret

So, I have been lying to you. Okay, omitting information. I've been using that line a lot lately.

Remember way back when I mentioned that I hadn't been feeling well. I was trying to make it seem like not a big deal, but everyone must like me, because it seems to be the one thing that got caught everyone's attention. I guess it should have, considering that my past feeling ill is now getting it's own blog post.

In short, I was sick about three months, hence all the not blogging. There were a doctors visits and a few test taken. Urine collected, blood drained, even an ultrasound. Turns out that I have a parasite in my belly. The Homosapien type. hehehe. I actually got a friend pretty well with that line.

Yes, I'm pregnant and three months of morning sickness really sucked. But I am feeling a lot better now. Actually, freakishly a lot better. If it weren't for me going back to the doctor to hear the heartbeat, I wouldn't believe it myself. Though I am getting little random reminders whenever I feel the baby kick.

I have to apologize that I kept this from all of you for so long. I'll be 19 weeks on Sunday. What!!! That is a week shy of half the pregnancy! It's so nice to know that I am almost halfway there.

I kept it a secret for so long because I wanted to wait to tell my Dad on his birthday. (Which was really killer. My SIL and I threw a huge surprise 60th birthday party. We had guest driving 6 hours to attend and he was completely clueless. We surprised him with family members, a new grandchild, and all his co-workers and church friends for a dinner that night. He is never going to trust me again. Not really sure if he ever has. Like I said, I've been "omitting" information from people a lot lately).

But my Dad's birthday was the first weekend of March. I had barely started blogging again and didn't want to start with that. Plus, if I kept it a secret for so long, why not wait two weeks until the next ultrasound and share the news from that, too.

Yesterday was our ultrasound and we are having another girl! It's going to be so much fun. Chiquita is so excited. She came to the ultrasound with us. It was a little funny actually. She was hoping for a little brother. So, when he told us a girl, I kinda looked at the doctor liked "really?" I had wanted a girl, but was hoping for a boy for Chiquita. I was really bummed because she was so bummed.

Once we went back to school and Chiquita told her class, she was really excited. Tonight, she got to feel the baby move for the first time. When I ask her about it, I get the "geez Mom" role of the eyes and shake of the head. I can't wait until we start shopping and she gives me her opinions about decorating the room and baby fashions.

Well, that is my big secret. Not really a double life, but definitely a big change to our lives. The baby is due in mid August, if you are wondering. No, we have not picked a name. Even when we do, I'm not sharing it. Sorry family members. And because I reserve the right to be a pissy pregnant woman. Muah ha ha.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! That is such wonderful news!!

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

Congratulations this is wonderful news:)
My oldest daughter Mercedes is visiting I just picked her up today from the airport I get a whole week of having all 3 of my girls together.Alora and Athena were excitted to see their big sister to.(((((Hugs)))) Darcy

km said...

I guessed. But, I didn't want to leave it in a comment. I think in when I saw you...you mentioned wanting another...and you mentioned not feeling well not long after that. Congratulations!!! It will be fun to have a baby banana in your home.

Vanessa said...

congratulations! I hope you have a blissful rest of your pregnancy. What are you planning on knitting the wee one?

Sara and AJ said...

you know I wondered!!! I even remember asking you! and you said you refused to answer that question, should've known!! woohoo!! congratulations!! I'm not pregnant, taking a little longer than expected! but such is life!! I'm so excited for you!!! so explains that attitude!! :) love ya!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the good news! Glad you're feeling better now. :-)

Victory said...

Wahoo! Another little girl. Okay, you are the official girl-maker for our family. You seem to be the only one able to get your husband to contribute an X chromosome.

heeheehee...this means I get to make girl things...at last!

Live, Laugh, and Love :) xoxo said...

Yes you have earned the right to be a pissy prego woman......

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Another girl, so lucky. I have two boys. Oh well.