My Husband and Chiquita are going to Arizona for a weekend with some of my in-laws. They will be watching a couple of baseball games for Spring Training. I've gone before and it's a lot of fun, but I don't do well in the backseat on car trips. It usually has to do with the carsickness and inability to sleep do to all the talking/music.
I knew if I went this time I would really hate the car part of the trip. Being pregnant, uncomfortable and hungry (there must always be milk and cereal nearby) I would be extra crabby on top of the pregnancy pissiness. Then when we got to AZ, I would only want to lay down and eat cereal. I would hate eating at restaurants because there are no seats that recline and I wouldn't be able to order what I really want (cereal). We went out with friends the other night and I got all cramped from sitting in the chairs, which made me unable to eat. I was so glad to get home and lay down.
Basically, I wanted everyone to have a good time on the trip and knew I wouldn't. I didn't want to ruin anyone else's good time. So, I elected for a quiet weekend at home, maybe a couple of yarn shops tomorrow and to actually take time to clean the fish tank. So far so good.
Here is where the motherly part comes in. Poor Chiquita in the car for 8 hours driving to Arizona and a missing Nintendo DS. I loaded up the car with books, coloring books, DVDs, but the best time killer for her is the DS. So I searched for 1.5 hours last night.
I looked in the toys boxes, dirty laundry, car, garage, bookshelves. Used a flashlight under the couches, beds, behind things. I even crawled under her bed to see if it had fallen between the wall and the bed. There are a few random old blankets and a train set under there so I had to actually crawl under the bed. A bed with a wooden frame that is only 8 inches above the floor (I measured). It really hurt my extra sensitive boobies and then I got stuck for about a minute. Go ahead laugh, it is kinda funny.
I got up this morning to help them off on their trip and spent another half hour looking. This time I had Skizye lift the couches to look underneath them. Dug around in all the same places. Looked inside every purse or toy that it could be inside. I even called my Dad at 6am, he was already up, to see if we had left it there. He woke up my brother because he had no idea what a DS looks like. They were pretty sure it wasn't left behind.
Finally, I said goodbye to my video gameless family and went inside to clean up the mess I had made. I figured I'd start with the fun mess and hook the Wii back up first. We had taken it to my dad's and hadn't put it away yet. Here is where this bookshelf comes in.
It's the Nintendo shelf. The knitting books live above it and the hamster lives below. It's at the perfect height to dump all your stuff when it is empty because all the games and controllers are in a bag next to the TV. So, I picked up the basket there, and dumped all the papers that had been tossed in onto the couch. And there is the DS. I swear it had been 45 seconds since I said goodbye to my family. I then tore through the house looking for my phone to call Skizye to have him come back and pick it up. Thankfully they were only two minutes away.You should of seen the look on Chiquita's face when mommy gave her the video game. Because only a mother would spend 2 hours making a mess that will take her 4 hours to clean up, so that her child can play with a piece of plastic that has a computer chip in it.
And the damn thing was where it belongs the whole time.
3 comments:
You had me at boobies.roflmao
I totally know about trips in the car while pregnant you have to stop every 20 minutes to pee and walk around because you have lost the circulation there for sinsation in your legs and bottom.Your a good mother to trash the house just to make the road trip good for your child:)((((Hugs)))) Darcy
A mother's love... it makes you crazy, doesn't it?! I'm just learning, but I can see that this is going to be a problem. ;)
Post a Comment