(Man is it hard to get back in the habit of blogging when you haven't for a while. It's taken me a week to write this post.)
A good friend of mine read the last post and then called me up on the telephone. She was wondering if I was feeling pissy much lately. Me? Pissy? Never? (Said with great sarcasm). I admit that I have been a little pissier than usual. We are talking about "at the drop of a dime" pissy. Really. Drop a dime, I dare you. See what happens. It's probably because I've been extremely nice to people I don't like, lately. I have to get it out my system somehow.
So, I will try to be more positive in this post. Enter my Dad's sweater....
Oh, I didn't make this sweater. It's a store bought, 100% cotton, on it's way to Goodwill when I stole it, sweater. That I then promptly took apart. (Man, I have issues.) When I saw this, the first thought that went through my mind was, "Look at all that free yarn!" I'll be making a Poppa's Sweater Blanket out of it. My Dad's new house is really cold and an extra throw on the couch would be very nice. I'm thinking a pinwheel blanket, since I don't know how much yarn I actually have and I'll be able to knit until I run out with out worrying about it being too rectangular.
So far I have got both of the sleeves frogged and mostly knit up. It really stinks (see, being nice, no swearing) frogging this thing. Apparently, it is a large piece of knit material that was cut to size. Every row that I rip has to be tied to the next row. Thank goodness for the square knot. I'm hoping that it will give the blanket a look.
It's nighttime around here and the blanket is on circulars, so I don't think that I will be able to get a decent picture. Ya'll are going to have to wait for that. The only thing that bums me out is that I don't think I will be able to finish it by my Dad's birthday next week.
A good friend of mine read the last post and then called me up on the telephone. She was wondering if I was feeling pissy much lately. Me? Pissy? Never? (Said with great sarcasm). I admit that I have been a little pissier than usual. We are talking about "at the drop of a dime" pissy. Really. Drop a dime, I dare you. See what happens. It's probably because I've been extremely nice to people I don't like, lately. I have to get it out my system somehow.
So, I will try to be more positive in this post. Enter my Dad's sweater....
Oh, I didn't make this sweater. It's a store bought, 100% cotton, on it's way to Goodwill when I stole it, sweater. That I then promptly took apart. (Man, I have issues.) When I saw this, the first thought that went through my mind was, "Look at all that free yarn!" I'll be making a Poppa's Sweater Blanket out of it. My Dad's new house is really cold and an extra throw on the couch would be very nice. I'm thinking a pinwheel blanket, since I don't know how much yarn I actually have and I'll be able to knit until I run out with out worrying about it being too rectangular.
So far I have got both of the sleeves frogged and mostly knit up. It really stinks (see, being nice, no swearing) frogging this thing. Apparently, it is a large piece of knit material that was cut to size. Every row that I rip has to be tied to the next row. Thank goodness for the square knot. I'm hoping that it will give the blanket a look.It's nighttime around here and the blanket is on circulars, so I don't think that I will be able to get a decent picture. Ya'll are going to have to wait for that. The only thing that bums me out is that I don't think I will be able to finish it by my Dad's birthday next week.
3 comments:
Missed you. This blanket I've got to see.
Wow. You have more patience for that frog than I would have. Will you have a partial blanket available for display?
how are you doing? better? I hope :) can't wait to see what comes of that sweater!!!
Post a Comment