Thursday, April 9, 2009

Ellen Cowl

Here is the last of my 2008 FOs. It's the Ellen Cowl. Yet another project I saw Senora Fuerte making and decided that I had to make it, also.
Pattern: Ellen Cowl
Source: Heather Douglas Free Pattern
Yarn: Malabrigo Worsted Weight in Vaa

I look much too serious in that picture, though it does show off my haircut quite nicely. Here we are, a little goofiness. I'm the Cowled Crusader ;-)This is a great, fast knit. Start and finish in just one evening. I barely blocked it this week. It doesn't really do a knit project any good if you never block the darn thing. Then when I blocked it, I noticed how much wet yarn smells like wet wool. I know, like duh! But this is going to be a gift and I want it to smell yummy. So started my search for some Soak Wash. I am going to have to drive to the other side of LAX to pick some up. The things we do for a knit.Here's a closer shot of the cables. A super easy pattern. Knit in the round, so you can just CO and go. You can see that there are tiny YOs in there, too. They are meant to keep you from getting too warm. Perfect for if you don't live in Nebraska in the winter.

4 comments:

Good Yarns said...

Isn't Malabrigo wonderful? I've been thinking a cowl would be a really good knit as well. (Better than a scarf when it is windy and cold.) I like the Vaa colorway too.

km said...

Pretty. Looks good on you too, so maybe you should knit one for yourself.

Senora Fuerte said...

Very nice! I need to make myself another of these to keep for me.

Anonymous said...

Nice cowl! Looks like we have very similar haircuts. :-)