Thursday, April 23, 2009

Gooseberry Hat

I have lots of progress on my colorful baby knit, maybe in by Thursday if I get enough after work knitting/sewing ends time in. (I started writting this post on Monday, if that gives you an idea of how much after work time I have for the extra things in life.) In the meantime, here is another baby knit to fill in the time.

I made this a couple of weekends ago. It is the Gooseberry Hat. Of course, I didn't make a gauge first, so it's much bigger than the newborn size I was looking for. At least when you are knitting for an unborn baby, you know that they can still grow into it.

Pattern: Gooseberry Hat
Source: Suvi S.
Free Pattern
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino in a dark purple color

A very cute pattern. I actually made a mistake in the ribbing. There was a dreaded YO when switching from purl to knit. Fortunately it was near the bottom of the hat at the end of the round. I was able to close up the hole when tying in the ends. Then I just fudged the decreases at the top to match the stitch count. It's so nice when you reach the point in your life/knitting when you don't care about your mistakes anymore. You'll fudge it somewhere or another. As long as it's not anything obvious, know one will know. Well, you will know. I just told you about it.

------

It's Thursday now and I know there was more that I was going to write about the Gooseberry Hat. But I don't remember what it was. There had to be more though, otherwise I would of just published on Monday. Right?

I'll just end on that note. And publish.....

2 comments:

Sara and AJ said...

love the hat!! still working on my blanket, but is turning out super cute!! I'm sure you will remember the rest of what you were oging to post tonight around 2am :)

Shawna said...

i love purple!:o) the hat is super cute:o)