It took me a while to get the finished product to you. Actually only about 20 days. But it spent about four days waiting for me to spend 30 minutes making the collar. The colors look a little more like this now. All lined up in a row.
Then there was the time that it took to block. I couldn't block it just any old way. I wanted to get some Soak. Out of the four knit shops with six miles of my house, none of them carried Soak. One does carry Eucalan, but they only had one scent. Eucalyptus and it smells like Vick's Vapor Rub. Well, it smells like that to me. I ended up driving a whole nine miles to the other side of LAX to get some Soak in a nice Flora scent. *smiles* I also got a free samples of the Citrus and Eucalan Lavender.
This is a cute little sweater for Chicklet to wear next Winter/Spring. I skipped making the draw-tie for the neck. It seemed like it would take away from the pattern. I thought about adding a button on the collar instead. If finally decided that I didn't want to mess with anything like that with a 6-9 month old. Someone pointed out that it's not like I live in the Tundra. Even if it closed up, I never would because we don't need to where we live.
Putting together the colors was the funnest and most stressful part of this entire project. Picking out the colors was a total blast. So easy with all the Spring/Summer colors from Malabrigo in the shops right now. I adore how bright is in right now. It makes me laugh, because I never would have gone near any of these shades when I was in high school. Well, maybe the yellow, but it was the mid 90's and we wore brown makeup right down to our lip liners.
Picking the knitting order was stressful. I really wanted the colors to come together, but not look like a rainbow. If you notice, they are in a different order from the original preview. I knit the purples, then the pinks. I started the blue/green and frogged back to the purple. Knit the blue/green and then the pinks. Decided to switch the yellow and orange. Got halfway through the orange, frogged back and put yellow first. Then I looked at it for a day deciding which color to use for the border. I noticed that most of the other projects (example) have blue as the border. I also noticed that it is mainly a cool colored sweater and they used a cool color for the border. Since mine has a warmer feel, the blue/green and purples were out for the border. The light pink was picked because it looked the nicest against all the other colors. In the end, when I see the sweater out of the corner of my eye, I think "Oh, pretty colors."Pattern: Tulips, A Colorful Cardigan for Baby in 6-9 months size
Source: Dream in Color - only available at DIC retailers
Yarn: Malabrigo Worsted Weight in (from the top)
Purple Magic, Orchid, Bobby Blue, Green Apple,
Barbie, Rose Vivacity, Cadmium, and Papaya
Yarn: Malabrigo Worsted Weight in (from the top)
Purple Magic, Orchid, Bobby Blue, Green Apple,
Barbie, Rose Vivacity, Cadmium, and Papaya
6 comments:
I love it....The colors look like a quilt I am making for a certain someone who is not due to arrive until August.....I wonder who that could be? I love the use of colors bright and happy......
LOVE IT!!!! and so jealous, seriously you need to move up here to Idaho so you can teach me this stuff :)
Beautiful. I love the happy colors.
So very pretty your knitting is so wonderful:)Hugs Darcy
That is so adorable. I love the colors.
that is the cutest version of that cardi i have seen yet! i love your color sequence:o)
Post a Comment