Sunday, May 17, 2009

How Do You.....

How do you get me out of the house in about 1.2 seconds? Have an earthquake.

We just had a 5.0 earthquake centered about 5 miles from our house. When you hear all the glass bottles in the house start rattling, you grab the five year old and get in a doorway. The closest doorway to us was the front door, so we just keep on running.

We are all okay, though I think I will be sleeping in Chiquita's room tonight.

I hope that all of you had a less eventful Sunday evening.

5 comments:

Desi said...

Glad to hear you're okay. I'm in San Diego and I hate the shakers.

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

Wow how scary for you all glad your okay.Hugs Darcy

Sara and AJ said...

so glad to hear that everyone is ok, how did the building hold up?

km said...

I bet that felt like the Chino/Brea one last year felt like for us. Last night's was small for us...but it still made putting the kidlets to bed interesting. Last year's quake shook them up quite a bit. Glad you're ok...I was trying to figure out where this was centered in relation to people I know.

tiennie said...

I'm glad that you and your family are OK!