I know what your thinking, "Geez, your pregnant, don't you think you could cover up a little. It's not like showing it off is going to make the kid come out any sooner." But it's not like that.
We were in Palm Springs for the holiday weekend. It was a ton of fun just hanging out at the pool. Yeah, now your thinking, "Oh, Palm Springs, it was one of those hotels with the clothing optional pools." Yeah, Palm Springs can be fun, but we were at a family oriented place.
Actually, it was a really cute place. This is the only type of hotel that I want to stay in for the rest of my life. We went with a big group of people and hung out at the pool all day long. Chiquita was in heaven. With all the other kids around, we finally got to see all of those swimming lessons pay off. When it's just us, she never wants to swim on her own. Add other kids and she's doing cannonballs, diving under water, doggy paddling. I was impressed.
I on the other hand spent an afternoon in a mesh floaty. My chest, top part of my belly and my knee caps were all that were sticking out of the water. The result was my chest, top part of my belly, and knee caps getting sunburnt. The belly looks really funny. It's like a snow capped mountain. Only the bottom half is tan/half white and the top is red. Not lobster red, just itchy, spotty red. This wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for that one body part. The point of the story...
The inside of my belly button is BURNT. It hurts. It's suppose to be happy and protected cause I have an in-nie. It hasn't popped out, but it is flat and exposed. Now it hurts. Well, now that it is the end of the second day afterward, it doesn't really hurt that much anymore. But how funny I burnt my belly button. And my knee caps? That one is just odd.
Oh, no knitting got done because it was 95 degrees out and I was working with wool... and that mesh floaty was calling my name.


6 comments:
Ouchers! I've never heard of a burnt belly button before.
Aloe Vera gel for your burns you poor girl.(((((Hugs)))) Darcy
P.S. I swear when I knit with wool I have to turn the air conditioning on or my stitches wont move on the bamboo needles.lol
Never burnt the inside of my belly button, but I did burn the top of my feet so badly once that I couldn't wear shoes for a while. It was overcast and chilly, and the rest of me was pretty well covered up, but my face and the tops of my feet (I was barefoot) were completely crisped. Ouch!
Oh we lived just north of Palm Springs right before moving here to Hawaii. I'm kind of homesick :(
Sounds like you had fun despite the burning :)
love the pictures of chiquita, but I wanted to see a picture of you with your sunburns!! remember sunscreen, might even have to put some in between your toes, cuz that would hurt real bad, and knowing you, you may get burned there! :) love ya
I really wasn't burnt everywhere. Just pink. It's funny that I had a circle where the belly popped out of the water. The only thing that hurt is the Belly Button. And yes, I know how to sunscreen my feet.
Post a Comment