Friday, May 29, 2009

A Busy Afternoon

I had a very busy afternoon the other day that was filled with a few knitting funnies. It started as I was leaving work and has to do with a trash can. Here's our trash bin outside of the office. It has a cute little fence around it so that people driving by don't have to look at a nasty trash bin. I always take out the trash and then head back in to finish up my end of day duties. This particular afternoon, I empty my trashes before the hygienist, so there was a bag sitting by the door as I was leaving. I grabbed my purse, knitting bag and the trash and headed out the door. Guess which one I threw away?

My knitting. Fortunately, as I threw the bag over the little fence, nothing fell out. Because I so would of been dumpster diving. The doctor grabbed it for me instead. There was a lot of yarn in that bag. All of this...It's my first project for the Battlestar Galactica game that I am playing on Ravelry. Also, I don't own all of this yarn. Senora Fuerte and I went in halves to buy the yarn. When I'm done, she is going to make a pair of these Rainy Day Gloves, too. I was laughing so hard about throwing it away, that I just had to share.

After that I picked up Chiquita and headed to Michaels to buy the yarn for my Raider Training, also part of the BSG game. This is the only yarn I will be buying for the whole three month game. I'm trying to use this as a way to stash bust. I also know that I am going to get a lot of heck from some of you for going to Michaels (I'm such a yarn snob that it annoys my friends. Well, all the friends except the ones I've made something for with my fancy yarn). This is going to be a blanket for Chicklet. I bought the exact same yarn that I used to make Chiquita's blanket (seen in the background). It should be interesting crocheting instead of knitting. The funny part of our trip happened while I was waiting for someone to meet me at the help desk. There was a ball too high for me to reach. As we were waiting, other balls in hand, a lady walked up and asked the girl , who was barely walking over, if they sold knitting yarn. Then she saw me and pointed. I told her that we were headed there right now. Of course, I had to plug WWKIP Day and invite her to join me and my knitting group. Everytime I go to Michaels, I see someone in the yarn section and attack them with the come to my knitting group line. I can't help myself.

I'm now going to bug you to join us for WWKIP Day. I added a link with all the info in the upper right corner. If you aren't local, I encourage you to use the website and find a location near you. See, can't help myself.

4 comments:

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

Those gloves rock!!!! what magazine are they in please do tell:)(((Hugs))))) Darcy

Unknown said...

That is funny, that sounds like something I would do! There are few yarns at Michaels that I buy ;) I miss Michaels and Joanns, we have nothing like that here on the Island.. Only Ben Franklin Crafts and the yarn they sell is mostly for "lei making" So I buy online.

km said...

There are some new yarns at Michaels...there's a bamboo blend that's soft and inexpensive. I'd like to try it. And that's a great yarn for a baby blanket...wouldn't want it out of Manos...at least not in California.

The gloves look so fun...I hope you finish before the baby comes...

Anonymous said...

IYN here from BSGFPB on Ravelry! I loved the story about throwing your yarn in the trash! Too funny and I could see someone doing that too...I cant wait to see your gloves completed! You also convinced me to check out a place for the WWKIP in my area! Feel free to post about it too...I can tell your passionate about it LOL!!!

IYN