So, why did I change it? I am playing a game in Ravelry and earn extra points for adding a little Battlestar Galactica to my Ravatar (yes, I keep saying Ravatar, but that's what we call it on Ravelry). If you ever watched BSG, you will recognize the famous Red Dress of Caprica Six.
My SIL took this picture of the dress .....
And made this.....
I love it. It's so funny that it is perfect. My chicken has some nice cleavage, huh?Once I posted my new Ravatar, others thought it was great and suggested my call sign could be Chick Six. Yeah, we all get call signs, too. At least in my group we do. This ravatar won't be up for ever. It just has to be there until the games starts and the first week. I'll be back to my old blue and pink eventually though. Probably until the first time it confuses someone.
Now about the game (find it here). It's based on the hit show Battlestar Galactica (BSG) which is now off the air, but we are waiting for the anticipated Cylon's Version Movie. You don't have to have any BGS knowledge to play. I joined up mostly because it has minimum requirements. It's not a swap, so everything you make, you keep.
There will be missions announced when the game starts. Then you pick what you want to make that fits into which mission you want to do. Here is an example of a mission. It's pretty loosely defined. For example, if the mission is to knit something for your beast, it doesn't matter if it is a doggy sweater or catnip toys. It just needs to fit in the parameters of the mission.
The goal is to try to knit one project for the game a month. But you can do a few or many missions as you would like. I figured this would be a great way to motivate myself to get some baby knitting done before my actual due date. Each project will earn your team points. There are lots of bonus points to be made, also. There is also special training that should take you the whole game to finish. This one is optional and has to be pre-approved first. The game starts on Monday the 25th and runs through to the end of August.
I am encouraging you to join the game and you too can have fun stashing down or knitting stuff for yourself. There are individual prizes to be won, but the team that accumulates the most points gets all of the bragging rights. There are three teams total. The humans are divided up between the Battlestars Galactica and Pegasus and the Cylons hang out on the BaseStar.
If you join up, be sure to say that FreeRangeChick sent you so I can get bonus invite points. I'm with the Cylons. Yeah, I was on the Skin Jobs' side throughout the series, too. Cause they are so sexy!! hubba hubba.
2 comments:
Alright already! I joined up! I asked for the cylons so we'll see. I have to be out of town for a funeral this week so I'll miss the start but hopefully I can catch up. I haven't knit in at least three weeks!
Pretty wicked picture;)Hugs Darcy
Post a Comment