Here's Molly. According to my records on Ravelry, I finished this project on June 27, 2009. Did I mention that I'm backlogged? I actually scanned through my projects and found that there were a few that were never blogged for some reason or another. Take Molly for example. I didn't want to blog about her until I had my whole animal rock band assembled. Then I would have a really cool blog post.
This was obviously an unrealistic expectation of myself. But I did cast on the elephant drum player last night, a whole year later. I'm rewarding myself with a new project for finishing two WIPs this week. That means that I have only two project actually on needles left and then I will be WIP free! At least I think that is all I have??? This doesn't count a blanket that was frogged and will be started again at some unknown date.
Molly is a modification of the Little Giraffe pattern. I love Stevie so much I thought that it would be easy to make other animals from the same pattern. Basically I knit this without long legs or a long neck. I deleted the horns and added a big bushy mane. Instant Little Lion (rav). She also got a long rope tail instead of the braided tail called for by the pattern. Because Molly is a rebel like that.
Again I used Malabrigo leftovers from the Tulips Cardigan. I love the fuzzy twisties that make up the mane. The yarn does this naturally after a little playing with. Kids playing, not me trying make it look right playing. The pink isn't as pale as it looks in the pictures and she's gotten fuzzy all over from a year of diaper bags, toy boxes and drool. You can check out before and after pictures on Ravelry (link). I'm surprised she hasn't demanded a week at the spa yet.
As far as the Animal Rock Band goes... Molly is the lead singer and plays a little guitar.
P.S. The new Petite Purls is up.
P.S. The new Petite Purls is up.
1 comment:
Molly is so rockin! You definitely deserve a reward for finishing some WIPs by the way. Are you getting excited for the new Lego Wii game coming out?
Post a Comment