Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Little Giraffe

Here's a little yarnie love for you.  Meet Stevie, our Little Giraffe (rav).  Stevie is a rocker.  How could he not be with all these awesome colors.
He makes me want to go like this...
 Eck - I need a haircut
Yeah, I named him after THAT Steven.  Hello-- Rocker.  I have even got a little Walk This Way playing in the background as I write this.

Back to Stevie.  He's awesome.  Everyone that sees him, wants to take him home.  He's not allowed to leave the house.  We don't want another Sophie incident.  I made him out of Malabrigo Worsted from my stash on size 8US needles.  He stands 9.5 inches tall, a great size for cuddling. 
Stevie isn't suppose to have a mane.  At least the pattern doesn't call for a mane.  I couldn't help myself.  Stevie is a rebel, he doesn't believe in haircuts.  I've been asked a couple of times how I got his hair to do what it does.  Each little strand is perfectly twisted to little points and not a one of them looks frayed or cut.  All I can say to this is that Stevie is a guy thus meaning he has great hair and long eye lashes. 
Stevie needs a band.  I was thinking that because he's so tall he could be the bass player, watcha think?  Molly has already signed up.  You can meet her next time, if I can find her in the toy box.  She is sooo annoying with all her groupies, I swear.

1 comment:

Desi said...

You gotta wait until you have the group assembled. Then the one who doesn't match is the bass player. It's always like that.