Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day

We baked cookies to celebrate.  Come on over and get one if you aren't too busy.  On second thought, you probably don't live remotely near me and even if you did, these cookies are going fast.  We made two dozen and are already down ten.
I did the baking and BG did the decorating.  We have lots of Red, White and Blue sprinkles.   I'm actually kinda proud of the job I did.  No burnt cookies.  This is a  first I think.  I normally end up burning some part of the batch.

We've been having fun this Memorial Day weekend.  LG really got in the mood with her pom pom headband.
We also had some friends over for BBQ Turkey-burgers and a playing at the park.  The swings are always a favorite.
Hope all of you are having a relaxing day off from school. 

Motivated
I'm feeling motivated this holiday morning.  After LG and I got up, I did a practice walk.  Well, I'm always practicing walking and have gotten pretty good at missing walls and doors.  I'm still walking in to the coffee table.  Gotta work on that.

When school gets out for summer, I'm going to lose my daily 2.5 miles taking her to and from campus.  I don't want to lose my walking mojo.  The legs are starting to look pretty good.   This morning I walked 2 miles to the library book drop, Vons for cinnamon rolls and Starbucks and the .75 miles back home.  I took the long way, straight up a hill, getting there.  In all it took me 1.5 hours.  I guess I'm going to have to skip the Starbucks once I'm walking on weekdays.  I'm going to have to try to get my walks done before DH goes to work so BG can stay at home.

I love taking BG with me, but she walks too slow.  Plus, she'll still be joining me for the mommy group walks and the lagoon with the neighbors a couple of times a week.  She'll get enough exercise this summer between the pool, theme parks and and neighborhood kids.

Maybe I can use some of this motivation and get crafty today.  Finish the Wallis or something.

No comments: